Main Menu

Shooting completed for Judge Dredd

Started by Mike Carroll, 21 February, 2011, 05:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psidude

Good things come to those who wait ;)

Mardroid

If threads could have symbols the ouroboros picture would be so fitting. ;)

I'll admit, speaking purely from a fan perspective, I hope to see more soon. That picture of Anderson would be nice, at the very least.

That being said, the anticipation is all part of the fun for me, and we've waited this long.  There are plenty of other films/programmes to watch, and books and comics to read in the meantime. There won't be that long to wait. I find it curious (and worrying in some way) just how fast time seems to go past nowadays.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: mogzilla on 31 May, 2011, 11:56:27 AM
if they hadnt stuck that piccy on 'ere none of this wouldve 'appened. ;)

If they hadnt made the film none of this would have happened.

I think they are not releasing any pics or doing any promotion just to upset and annoy the fans.

If they dont do something very soon i am not going to watch the film and i sent the production company and the promotion company an email saying exactly that.

;) [Just in case anyone thought i was being serious]
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Teivion

I'm happy to wait. I actually hate going to the cinema only to find they put all the good bits into the 4 min trailer I sat through to see if it was worth going to see in the first place ;-)

I'm still waiting for a 'The Thing' prequel trailer or set photos......

vzzbux

Psidude. Love the avatar. That is devotion. I also have Anderson Tattooed on my arm.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Psidude

Thanks vzzbux appreciate it.been a fan of the galaxys greatest comic the last 28 years,so showed my devotion getting a tattoo of Cassandra.would love to see your anderson tattoo? iam getting judge death next week on my other arm.

vzzbux

Quote from: Psidude on 01 June, 2011, 05:32:17 PM
Thanks vzzbux appreciate it.been a fan of the galaxys greatest comic the last 28 years,so showed my devotion getting a tattoo of Cassandra.would love to see your anderson tattoo? iam getting judge death next week on my other arm.

Mine's on a Tattoo thread somewhere in the doldrums of the off topic menu.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Psidude

hunted it out nice work,also wicked t shirt!

Goosegash

Quote from: Lee Bates on 31 May, 2011, 11:41:38 AM
I can just picture a crowd of sour faced, disapproving nerds, arms folded, shaking their heads and muttering, "come on then you highly experienced, professional film-makers, it's about time you showed us, the REAL FANS, what you've been up to, don't you think?"

Er, no. Just wait and let the meticulously planned release schedule run it's course. They know what they're doing. You don't have the first idea.

That's not the only purpose of pre-publicity, though. It's not just about throwing out tidbits to keep the fans happy, it's about building a buzz and cultivating interest among people who would otherwise be unaware that a new Judge Dredd movie is on the way. You know, so it doesn't sink like a stone upon release.

What concerns me is, less than a year to go till the release date, and does anyone in the "real" world(outside of forums and so on) actually know this movie is happening yet? If not, that could be a problem.

Spaceghost

Quote from: Goosegash on 03 June, 2011, 02:51:13 PM
I can just picture a crowd of sour faced, disapproving nerds, arms folded, shaking their heads and muttering, "come on then you highly experienced, professional film-makers, it's about time you showed us, the REAL FANS, what you've been up to, don't you think?"

Er, no. Just wait and let the meticulously planned release schedule run it's course. They know what they're doing. You don't have the first idea.

That's not the only purpose of pre-publicity, though. It's not just about throwing out tidbits to keep the fans happy, it's about building a buzz and cultivating interest among people who would otherwise be unaware that a new Judge Dredd movie is on the way. You know, so it doesn't sink like a stone upon release.

What concerns me is, less than a year to go till the release date, and does anyone in the "real" world(outside of forums and so on) actually know this movie is happening yet? If not, that could be a problem.

Why would they care? It's 'only' Judge Dredd, most people are only vaguely aware of the character and, as you say, the film's not out for nearly a year. The film makers have a marketing budget and they need to make every penny count. If they 'shoot their load' too soon, they won't have anything left for the big event.

A tightly focused burst of marketing shortly before the release of this relatively low budget film is the most effective way of selling it to Billy Punter. "HEY YOU!!! LOOK AT THIS JUDGE DREDD FILM!!! IT'S OUT NEXT WEEK!!! GO SEE IT!!!"

The only people who will see any publicity shots on the internet are NERDS like you and me who already know the film is coming out.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Lee Bates on 03 June, 2011, 03:15:48 PM

Why would they care? It's 'only' Judge Dredd, most people are only vaguely aware of the character and, as you say, the film's not out for nearly a year. The film makers have a marketing budget and they need to make every penny count. If they 'shoot their load' too soon, they won't have anything left for the big event.

A tightly focused burst of marketing shortly before the release of this relatively low budget film is the most effective way of selling it to Billy Punter. "HEY YOU!!! LOOK AT THIS JUDGE DREDD FILM!!! IT'S OUT NEXT WEEK!!! GO SEE IT!!!"

The only people who will see any publicity shots on the internet are NERDS like you and me who already know the film is coming out.

OK Then.

Let that be the final word on the matter.

[No one else has any idea except yourself as in "You dont have the first idea"]

Spaceghost

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 03 June, 2011, 07:03:59 PM
Quote from: Lee Bates on 03 June, 2011, 03:15:48 PM

OK Then.

Let that be the final word on the matter.

[No one else has any idea except yourself as in "You dont have the first idea"]

Cheer up Peter. It's only a comic forum.

Peter Wolf

Comic forum or not its still an open discussion where ideas or criticism or anything else is put forward the same as anywhere else.

The fact that the discussion is within a comic forum doesnt detract from or diminish points raised within the discussion in any way.

Spaceghost

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 03 June, 2011, 11:51:20 PM

Comic forum or not its still an open discussion where ideas or criticism or anything else is put forward the same as anywhere else.

The fact that the discussion is within a comic forum doesnt detract from or diminish points raised within the discussion in any way.

I didn't diminish anyone's point. I wasn't talking about you anyway but I thought that the tongue in cheek tone of my post would have indicated that I was trying to be funny. Apologies if I failed and came across as a twat.

I was trying to put my point of view forward in a humourous way whilst poking gentle fun at some of the more troll-like posts we've had about the film.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Lee Bates on 04 June, 2011, 01:55:57 AM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 03 June, 2011, 11:51:20 PM

I didn't diminish anyone's point. I wasn't talking about you anyway but I thought that the tongue in cheek tone of my post would have indicated that I was trying to be funny. Apologies if I failed and came across as a twat.

I was trying to put my point of view forward in a humourous way whilst poking gentle fun at some of the more troll-like posts we've had about the film.

Apologies then for completely misreading what you were saying.  ::)