Main Menu

3A Mongrol on sale from February 28th

Started by ming, 24 February, 2011, 11:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

Quote from: ming on 12 June, 2012, 06:36:40 PM
The few sold via Bambaland after the event were a bit more expensive due to worldwide shipping factored into the price; $70 total, I think.

And it's WELL worth it!

Mardroid

Quote from: ming on 12 June, 2012, 06:36:40 PM
The few sold via Bambaland after the event were a bit more expensive due to worldwide shipping factored into the price; $70 total, I think.

That's still rather pricey for me, but I'll admit I'm sorely tempted. Particularly as these things tend to actually go up in price after their first selling so, actually not a bad investment in the long run.*

I'll see how I feel on the day when I see the price and full description of dimensions, etc. I've seen a size comparison with the original so I have some idea but it's still not that easy to tell from pictures. If it's the height I think it is, then it's still about double the price I've seen other figures elsewhere, but taking into account,

a) the craftmanship. I mean these things are both wonderful works of art and machinery.
b) Shipping
c) The fact that at the same height it would still have more bulk, and therefore material than figures with more human proportions
d) Limited production numbers.

... the price is understandable.

We'll see.

*Not that I'd plan to leave it boxed.

ming

The price for the mini Black Hole version sold via Bambaland was $55 plus $10 for shipping worldwide...

Regular should be the same, unless shipping has gone up (not that likely as that sale was pretty recent).

Large48

[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

ming

9 a.m. Hong Kong time; should be 1 a.m. UK time, I think (but don't take my word for it).  Should be up for a while, hopefully (a full day, at least?) but always best to get your order in early if you can.

Mardroid

Quote from: ming on 14 June, 2012, 11:37:24 AM
The price for the mini Black Hole version sold via Bambaland was $55 plus $10 for shipping worldwide...

Even better! Temptation... getting... stronger...

Quote from: ming on 14 June, 2012, 06:14:43 PM
9 a.m. Hong Kong time; should be 1 a.m. UK time, I think (but don't take my word for it).  Should be up for a while, hopefully (a full day, at least?) but always best to get your order in early if you can.

They're 7 hours ahead of us according to this site. It say eight hours ahead of GMT there but it's seven by my clock. (No doubt a daylight saving time thing or somesuch.) I think it's right as this site corroborates it.

Can't hurt to check at 1am though. I'm working on the morrow so I should be in bed by 2 but... I rarely am. :)

Mardroid

Oh, and I subscribed to the newsletter, but it never did get sent to me... or it got lost along the electronic highways. So thanks for the head up ming!

Sorry for double post, but this part of the forum is uneditable apparently.

BPP

2am UK time.. on sale in 5 minutes for 65$ inc postage.

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Pete Wells

Ordered mine and now to bed! I'm gonna be a grumpy teacher tomorrow, the kids better behave!!!

Mardroid

Yep. Came to a button click from clicking the 'pay' button on Paypal... then backed off, big jessie that I am.

Not a bad deal all in all, but just don't think I can afford to do it. Shame debts and stuff suddenly increased recently and there's other things I'd like to spend my money on. I'll probably kick myself later, but I actually think I've done the right thing for now.

Or did I? Dagnabbit.  :lol:

ming

Quote from: Mardroid on 15 June, 2012, 02:23:36 AMI'll probably kick myself later, but I actually think I've done the right thing for now.

Or did I? Dagnabbit.  :lol:

If you can stretch to it, go for it - you won't regret it when you have Mongrol in hand, that's for sure.

For anyone on the fence, if a 15% discount on the retail price would make a difference, give me a shout (here or via p.m.) and I'll see if I can help (at least for a couple of people).

ming

COMMANDO FORCES

On the box it says One of Seven. I presume this means all seven will be produced at this scale?

ming

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 15 June, 2012, 08:02:05 AM
On the box it says One of Seven. I presume this means all seven will be produced at this scale?

Hopefully, yes.

And at the rate of releases since 3A got the licence, before 2049, if we're lucky :lol:

Large48

Just ordered one now so there would seem to be a few left.
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]