Main Menu

KID TIGER!

Started by JAMESCOR, 27 February, 2011, 05:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JAMESCOR

Hello all, family things have meant I've been quiet on the drawing front of late, recently though I've started an almost weekly strip on my blog. Still toying with the format and colour but it's basically my take on the traditional British comic staple of the boy hero dressed as a cat. It kind of starts mid story before flashing back. Overall it's about growing up and finding your way in the world and features a despicable geriatric Teddy boy villain. Have a look and let me know what you think as it's very much a learning curve for me.
james-corcoran.blogspot.com

Colin YNWA

Loving that art and what a way to open a story. Great stuff. Tiger Boy has echoes of the Leopard of Lime Street. Any deliberate recall of the character?

JAMESCOR

Not really I've not read any of the strips since I was wee but I guess him and Billy the Cat are an influence and Zenith phase 3. Over the next few pages you'll find out why his costumes a bit crap and why it doesn't look that much like a tiger. I recently picked up the Titan reprint of Albion origins and really loved the art so later pages will probably have more of that kind of feel.

Hoagy

Looks a belter Corcers, very clever and simple feel to it. No wastage.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

JAMESCOR

Thanks a lot, the middle and last panels of page 3 owe something to Hugo Pratt, who was great at simple storytelling and pacing not sure I quite pulled it off but it seems to have come out alright.

CrazyFoxMachine

JMWhiteley

There aren't enough stories about boy detectives who dress up like big cats.

This is brilliant. 

Will he foil any smugglers later on?

JAMESCOR

He Just might  :D If he lives long enough!

Van Dom

Loving this James, like the switchback to 2 col as well. More please! :)
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

JAMESCOR

A slightly late page 4, blame a last minute change to work schedules a bit rushed to try and stay on some sort of schedule. Next page will have proper backgrounds and everything! Thanks everybody for your kind comments and e mails.

Colin YNWA

Fantastic stuff. Really enjoying this. Long may it continue

JAMESCOR

Thanks Colin, current estimates are for about 30 pages. But I have some ideas for future adventures too that I would do after doing some shorter darker paranoid sci fi stuff i have in mind.

JAMESCOR

A very late page 5 is now up on the blog blame my real world job! Can I blame it for some of the dodgy bit's too? For some reason I always forget to switch pens for smaller details and much as I love my Pentel brush pen I'm a bit too cack handed with it at times. Incidently the bottom panel is based on an image I first drew over a year ago to break in a brush and had no idea what would go  inside so I drew a Tiger Suit for some reason.

locustsofdeath!

Aha! That last panel is great!

Hoagy

Its brutally sweet boys own adventure and the woodwork is excellent. The redwork is well contained and well balanced.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract