Main Menu

Prog 1724 : FLESH IS BACK!

Started by Darren Stephens, 05 March, 2011, 09:32:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

House of Usher

Quote from: Mardroid on 10 March, 2011, 09:42:28 PM
And the archaeological dig bit did made sense to me.

Only because you smoke more crack than I do.
STRIKE !!!

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Goaty on 10 March, 2011, 04:51:08 PM
Sorry for SPOILER!

best of the prog;

And while this happens, we debate the realism in the dinosaur story!

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

Richmond Clements

DrJomster

But they pull it off so stonkingly well!!!

Science, be damned, this is just great! :D
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Dr Feeley Good

I have really been enjoying the prog the last few months,some really strong stories...not sure on flesh at the moment,like the story but i agree the art is a bit muddy due to the inking,though what do i know,my drawing hasn't evolved past the stick men i used to draw as a kid !! the dinosaurs look spot on though !

Colin YNWA

Well which ever side of the strata you sit on it has to be said that at least this weeks prog has stirred up more discussion and opinion that it has for a while. That can't be a bad thing.

Mikey

For the love of Bakker, it's palaeontological!  :D

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 11 March, 2011, 08:25:58 AM
Well which ever side of the strata you sit on it has to be said that at least this weeks prog has stirred up more discussion and opinion that it has for a while. That can't be a bad thing.

Agreed.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Kerrin

The only thing that could have made the World Engine in SHAKARA! any more awesome would have been if it had a kick start. As I think Dunk said, the last pages of SHAKARA! and Kingdom actually produced thrill chillage. So what's Gene going to do with his rag tag pack now?

The Time Twister was beautifully written and drawn. Flesh was good fun and I agree about the art work, everything is there but the lines are too heavy at the moment. I'm still enjoying this Dredd story immensely, Don Mumbletti is a work of cracked beardy genius.

Just what a prog should be, ZARJAZ.

satchmo

I liked Walter Feeling's Shatneresque performance of House of Ill Repute. 5 top thrills this week greenbonce.

leebrown1990

The character development on Shakara and Kingdom is really impressive. They've really grown from 1 dimensional characters. The undistilled awesome of both strips hasn't faltered at all either.

Flesh didn't blow me away but I get the impression this will get better as it goes on. I think running James Mckays art alongside Nick Dyers hampered my enjoyment a little. I think they both have a bit of Cam Kennedy in their style when you look at the shapes etc they use, given its alot clearer in Nick Dyers. I see McKay as having a little Esquerzza aswell though, look at that close up on 'Boots' Mcgurk on page 2 and you might see what I mean. Looking very Stainless Steel Rat.

Dredd was great, Time Twister was ok, the ending was pretty touching but forgettable otherwise.

Cheers,
Lee

"After 2,000 years of keeping them breeding inside the one bloodline, we're lucky the bastard doesn't have antennae."

Proudhuff

Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 10 March, 2011, 09:02:50 PM
Oh my. The nerdiness this prog has brought out in all of us is glorious.

what was the final outcome of the timeline in Kingdom?
DDT did a job on me

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: Mikey on 11 March, 2011, 09:05:38 AM

For the love of Bakker, it's palaeontological!  :D

Maybe they were archaeologists who happened upon dinosaur bones.

EDIT: And by the way - the prog is absolutely amazing this week. Best so far this year for me.

House of Usher

Quote from: Proudhuff on 11 March, 2011, 07:14:23 PM
Quote from: locustsofdeath! on 10 March, 2011, 09:02:50 PM
Oh my. The nerdiness this prog has brought out in all of us is glorious.

what was the final outcome of the timeline in Kingdom?

The outcome was that the actual date the story is set was given in an earlier chapter.
STRIKE !!!

El Chivo

Got this today, James Mckay's art is  awesome, can't work out what left me more excited the pics of Ms.Vegas Carter or the two Gore-head shots (it's Gore-head, obvi i've got problems!)

and Kingdom too!!

I try & space my prog out throughout the week but had to read those two straight off, & from perusing this thread , i'm sorely tempted to read Shakara too...

Chi