Power Stone
0 (0%)
Melty Blood
0 (0%)
Other
8 (22.9%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Roger Godpleton

We all like fighting games, right? You're voting for the franchise not just the individual games.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

COMMANDO FORCES

I don't, I find them boring and that's putting it mildly  :thumbsdown:

Colin YNWA

I have no real idea about these things beyond Street Fighter and games from that period and so have nothing useful to say BUT just wanted to point out how pleased I am that there's a game called 'Melty Blood' GENIUS!

Professor Bear

Probably Gundam Battle Assault or Darkstalkers.  Shitty first entries in both series, but after that a steady upswing in quality and fight mechanics.  Especially GBA3 - a great mix of 3d and 2d fighter with a neat story mode.

I have a soft spot for Capcom vs Marvel 1 on PSX, but the later games shit the bed by going for pyrotechnics over actual fighting.
Street Fighter crapped out around Black Belt Edition by becoming too insular and aimed at thumb-monsters who know every block, counter and grapple by heart.
Mortal Kombat has always been shite, though latterly with amusing fatalities.
Tekken started well but got a bit unbalanced later.

Spaceghost

I've played a lot of fighting games in my time. Nowadays it's mostly Smash Bros with my son.

The one I had the most fun with back in the day is Street Fighter. Turbo, Hyper Fighting, Alpha 1, 2 and 3, EX+ Alpha, the lot.

They're only good when played against a live opponent though, so these days I don't bother much. When the boy is old enough to graduate from Smash Bros., it's on baby!

SHOURYUKEN!!!!!
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

James Stacey

Always a fan of Star Gladiators. Nothing can come close to the SF franchise for balance and skill. Seem to remember SF-Alpha was the best of the bunch.

davethomson

I cast my vote for Tekken, been a fan since the first and I still think it has some lovely balance in its brawling. Well, except for those Capoeira fighters that were designed solely for button mashers to thrash their mates with. Grrr! >:(
Everything I know about life, I learnt from old school hip-hop. Don't sweat the technique!

Noisybast

Probably either Way of the Exploding Fist or IK+

Good call on Yie Ar Kung Fu, though.

Kung Fu Master?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Roger Godpleton

The older of the two twin maids in the Tohno mansion, Kohaku, along with her sister Hisui, is a childhood friend of Shiki. She wears a Japanese kimono and is always seen to be smiling and cheerful, being especially gifted with medicine.
She hides her tragic past behind a cheerful face and Hisui's cold demeanor. As a child she was constantly raped by the manor's master, and pretends as though the events never happened, to a degree. It is due to the fact that Kohaku and her sister are the descendents of "Synchronizers" that allow them to give a person of the opposite gender a bit of their life energy if body fluids are exchanged. She also makes a fake contract with Akiha (Shiki Tohno's sister) by letting her suck her blood to suppress the demon blood inside of Akiha. After being used by the manor's master, she eventually lost herself, effectively killing off the majority of her emotions in an attempt to handle the pain. Her twin sister, Hisui, learned of the Tohno master's sin against Kohaku, and it depressed her greatly. Kohaku, seeing her sister's free enthusiasm falter for her sake, promises Hisui that she will "take on her role" until she was cheerful again, creating the jovial facade she currently presents. Ironically, it is because of those words that Hisui is unable to return to her old self. Seeing Kohaku acting happy as Hisui was as a young girl, she cannot bring herself to return to her former self. Even if Kohaku is simply acting out her old role, she seems to have attained some level of happiness.
She claims to hate Shiki Tohno for the silent connection they shared as children (watching one another but never meeting), but it is revealed that she is actually in love with him, and it is in part why she wanted to take on Hisui's role in the first place. Kohaku simply wanted to innocently love the boy named Shiki Tohno, just as Hisui did as a young girl. Just before Shiki leaves the mansion to live with the Arima family, Kohaku gives him her favorite ribbon and makes him promise to return it, indirectly begging for him to return. In Kohaku and Hisui's scenarios, this promise has a powerful meaning to Shiki, and along with his sister Akiha, is part of the reason he does in fact return to the Tohno mansion. Her name, Kohaku, is the Japanese word for amber, referring to her eye color.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

bluemeanie

I was gonna say Way of the Exploding Fist!

But Tekken. Made me buy a Playstation back when it was just called Playstation.

Honourable mention to Dead or Alive for the AWESOME movie it gave us! Hadnt watched in ages and my mate brought over the blu-ray for post beer stupidity. Loved it.

All that said, been really enjoying Mortal Kombat on the wii and ipad lately, but still...Tekken

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

I, Cosh

Tekken for sure. Nothing else has endured as long in the post-pub, friendly rivalry/deadly earnest competition stakes.

Weirdly, the iteration which gets cranked up most often by me and my mates is Tekken Tag.
We never really die.

Kerrin

Tekken, it's the only one I could ever actually win at when pissed.