Main Menu

Crap news distributors

Started by Bolt-01, 21 November, 2002, 03:12:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Does anybody else (this is for people who dont have a subscription) have a problem with getting hold of the Meg?

Neither the shop where I have my order, nor the other newsagent locally can order the Megazine.

I am well narked at this as I want to have a look at what all the fuss is about.

Dave6795!!

John Caliber

My local newsagent stocks both 2000AD and the Meg,the only place to do so in a 15 mile radius. I don't bother going, however because (a) I started subscribing last year and (b) I'm too ill to bother traipsing down there :) It was useful to check out the content before buying them, whereas I am buying blind through the subscription. I think on average I would buy 3 out of every 5 progs, and every Meg.

- JC

Link: http://2kadpbem.20m.com" target="_blank">The DICE ORGY

Author of CITY OF DREDD and WORLDS OF DREDD. https://www.facebook.com/groups/300109720054510/

Bolt-01

Too ill? Nothing serious I hope.

Dave6795

Quirkafleeg

The Smiths in the nearest town to me always has it, which is where I get it from on my trips to civilization.

My local shop manages to screw up getting a simple newspaper order right so I never bother with them...

petemaskreplica

This is a local shop for local people! There's nothing for you here!

Dave, my advice is subscribe. You won't regret it, the Meg's ace.

Devons Daddy

i cant talk really as i dont live in the uk.but there are now two shops in singapore which do stock it now.
so things are improving out here.
but in Plymouth there has never been a problem as far as  can tell. on my infrequent returns i do see it on the shelves for a day or two after release.
i think any town with a comic shop tends to have a market for tooth and the meg. and as such they tend to stock it. basic law of averages i geuss.go for the subscription, worth it in the end.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

2000AD Online

i'm fine thank you forbidden planet hee hee hee

Trout

If you're having problems getting the Meg, tell Rebellion about it.

I was and I did and now it's available near me, although it's academic because I though, "To hell with it" and just subscribed.

- Trout

Jared Katooie

My shop will order my progs though they're usually late and one time the shop they ordered it from cancelled the order for no reason.

The meg is trickier though I can now get it direct from Easons in the local shopping centre.

Jay.