Main Menu

Bristol Comics Expo

Started by Alski, 09 May, 2011, 09:05:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Timson

I'll try not to blank you this year, Rob!

:D
Pffft...

Matt Timson

Yes, fact fans- I'm rubbish at remembering who people are- even if I've spent hours in their company.  Apologies in advance.
Pffft...

CrazyFoxMachine

The Small Press, Big Ideas thing sounds brilliant there Richmond - who else is on that panel?

Liz that's the most disturbingly vague entrance tactic I've ever heard. Also, in terms of Ramadacon I don't know how much time I can afford to be away from Dave & I's table. SOMEONE'S GOT TO BE PIMPING :O

Hoagy

Aww, I'm really primed to head down, but haven't organised a single organ of travel or hq.

I don't like it but you'll all be on my mind every so often as I look for a suitable substitute collective and piss up.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

W. R. Logan

Quote from: Rob1971 on 11 May, 2011, 04:21:04 PM
I'll be there on the Friday night, trying to stop Molcher killing PJ.

Friday night entertainment as well 8-)

davethomson

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 11 May, 2011, 06:04:46 PM
I don't know how much time I can afford to be away from Dave & I's table. SOMEONE'S GOT TO BE PIMPING :O

Ha-ha, that's why I am bringing a spare pimp to help me in my efforts while I am away from the table. You can borrow him if you'd like. :)

I'm hoping I can make it to the Ramada bar and meet everyone, but I may have to spend Friday night with the long arm stapler making my book. I will appear exactly as I appear in my avatar.

Sadly I'm going to miss Mr Clements panels which is a bounder as they sound really interesting. If anyone tapes them, I will perform sexual favours in order to obtain copies. I will.
Everything I know about life, I learnt from old school hip-hop. Don't sweat the technique!

CrazyFoxMachine

Dave, I'm also bringing a spare pimp.

I THINK I AM HATCHING A PLAN! Bring your long stapler to the Ramada bar!

uncle fester

***Special report: Dave and Owen found slumped in the Ramada bar early on Saturday morning by the cleaning staff, amidst a sea of empty beer glasses, unbound comics and staples. Pictures at 11...***

W. R. Logan

Nearly finished my shift, then 121 miles home, pack sleep then 229 miles to Bristol Friday 8-)

DrJomster

Lots of photos from the event posted to the boards please! :)
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Kerrin

Ticket receipt printed, check. Drinking pants re-vulcanised, check. Hotel reservation printed, check. Timson tazer charged, check. Satnav programmed, check. Now, if I can just remember where I put my Demi Octavo costume...   

Jim_Campbell

Note for Bristol-goers: cash machines seem to be few and far between, if my experience last year is anything to go by. Between my hotel (The Grand), the Ramada and the Mercure, I only saw one set of cash machines, and they were in the station on the wrong side of the ticket barriers. I heard several people comment on this, so make sure you've got some readies somewhere!

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Kerrin on 12 May, 2011, 08:54:39 PM
Ticket receipt printed,

PHEW!  :o I knew there was something I was forgetting!

Cheers for the reminder!

Emperor

I won't b making it down on the Friday due to a number of commitments, but plan to head down on Saturday. However, I haven't got anything booked, as it depends on how my Dad feels after the tests today. So it might be a flying visit but if it isn't does anyone have any tips for somewhere to stays Saturday, as I may be looking for somewhere tomorrow afternoon and if there isn't anywhere it will definitely be a flying visit. Any tips gratefully received.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Mike Carroll

All righty, folks... It's 04:04 in the morning (the time at which I normally go to bed) and Leonia and I are now up, awake, packed and ready, and very soon will depart on a Grand Epic Journey that promises to treat us to Thrills, Excitement, Unknown Wonders and Exotic Strangers!

And after we get to the airport, we're going to Bristol!

-- Mike