Main Menu

Its the Rapture....apparently

Started by Emp, 20 May, 2011, 05:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emp

klute

loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

Rog69

Those Mayans are sure going to feel stupid now.

Zarjazzer

Can't they at least wait until next weeks prog? Spoilsports.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Professor Bear

In my mind, when the end doesn't come the assembled crowds will feel cheated and riot like footy fans with a bad result.

I'm a taig and this Rapture stuff is about as 'christian' a vision of the end of the world as Battlefield Earth to me - why create such an extravagant moral assault course as Earth and then chuck it away for no reason?  Another way to look at the Rapture would be that it seems suspiciously like God sweeping away all the latecomers who made their religion up as they went along rather than adapt their lives to existing teachings.

HOO-HAA

I've a few very rapture-unfriendly tattoos on my skin so little point in me lining up at the mountainside. Unless...

(Pssst. Pass the bleach and wire brush, would ye?)

Emp

I really like the bit about the guy offering to look after the pets of people carried off to heaven, for a small fee of course :lol:

Professor Bear

That guy's an asshole.  They may be bible-thumping loonies, but he's making coin off the fact that these people want their pets and companions taken care of if they die.  The despicable little prick is little better than someone robbing a charity box.

DrJomster

So one tv evangelist says the Rapture's coming and he gets on the BBC? How come? It's not as if there isn't any other news going on at the moment!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Professor Bear

We'll all feel really stupid tomorrow when we're dead.

Adrian Bamforth

Same call it "Rapture". I call it "Product Recall".

Hoagy

Quote from: Adrian Bamforth on 20 May, 2011, 08:37:47 PM
Same call it "Rapture". I call it "Product Recall".

You'd best be getting on with that future shock then Ade.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

soggy

Quote from: Professah Byah on 20 May, 2011, 08:11:48 PM
We'll all feel really stupid tomorrow when we're dead.

Pay atention. we don't die tomorrow, the chosen people go away tomorrow at 6. the rest of us will be left to fight off the zombies for the next 6 months.

Hang on thats in the middle of the Heineken Cup final - Hope the team are on the naughty list

Hoagy

The baying fans not unlike the walking dead. Same choir sheet, anyway.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Van Dom

I hope I don't get picked, I want to fight the zombies.
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!