Main Menu

Ask the Hivemind!

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 05 June, 2011, 09:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A.Cow

Thixotropic, eh?  In theory, this means that I could make a gel-style pen that writes with Marmite?  Cool.

(Unless Mike McMahon has already thought of that, which would explain his love-it-or-hate-it artwork.)

The Doctor Alt 8

Can anybody help confirm that there ARE helicopters fitted with ejector seats now?
I have found one example via google but are there any more?
Need to settle an agument.

JOE SOAP

Emperor

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 24 August, 2011, 05:36:47 PM
Can anybody help confirm that there ARE helicopters fitted with ejector seats now?
I have found one example via google but are there any more?
Need to settle an agument.

My understanding is that after a few failed experiments they now eject sideways ;)
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

The Doctor Alt 8

Tombo

The Kamov Ka-50 "Akula" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamov_Ka-50) has a working ejector seat.  When the pilot (it's a single seater) pulls the chicken switch explosive charges seperate the rotor blades before he is "launched" out of the cockpit.  They used the idea in one of the Bond movies, Goldeneye I think.  Apart from that one though I don't think they bother.

Tiplodocus

What is the Harry Potter spell for opening doors?

I have some small children to impress and would like to utter the spell as we approach automatic doors.  (I sometimes do it Jedi style).
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Tiplodocus

Oh and my fancy dan phone touch screen has stopped working and I'm still 5 months away from a replacement.  So I spent £30 on a basic type handset (pay as you go, same network) but when I put my Pay Monthly SIM in it, I get INSERT SIM.  But when I put the PAY AS YOU GO SIM in, it works fine.

I notice that the chip on the PAYG SIM is considerably smaller than on my 12 year old Pay Monthly SIM but surely they haven't altered it so teh connections don't connect?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Bolt-01

Tips- The Harry Potter thing is ALOHOMORA if memory serves.

Shame about the phone, though...

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

vzzbux

I have just cracked out Rogue Trooper for my PC again and on the Hopper chase the game play jutters and slows to an almost crawl. Recently I have just had my PC updated, Motherboard, Graphics card etc.
Has the specs of my PC outgrown this game? Don't ask me what Graphics card I have because I haven't got a scoobies.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Proudhuff

Quote from: vzzbux on 26 September, 2011, 09:30:45 PM
I have just cracked out Rogue Trooper for my PC again and on the Hopper chase the game play jutters and slows to an almost crawl. Recently I have just had my PC updated, Motherboard, Graphics card etc.
Has the specs of my PC outgrown this game? Don't ask me what Graphics card I have because I haven't got a scoobies.

V

anyone?
DDT did a job on me

Devons Daddy

for the QUOTE, on helipcopter ejector seats, (after a few attempts they now eject sideways.)
I laughed heartily!!

this board is truly filled with some of the greatest quips in history.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

SpetsnaZ99

Hivemind. Now that Steve Jobs is dead will i be OK chucking my Mac down the stairs and getting myself a Windoze PC without crying
You ever notice that everyone who believes in creationism looks really unevolved? Eyes real close together, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day." Yeah, looks like he rushed it.

Devons Daddy

Now that Steve Jobs is dead will i be OK chucking my Mac down the stairs and getting myself a Windoze PC without crying

you know when your dating a sex crazed supermodel, and you think you can do better?
that is rather like owning a MAC and going for a PC  :D
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!