Main Menu

Forum change...!

Started by w3bz, 14 June, 2011, 01:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

w3bz

Hey All,

In an ongoing battle to counter abuse of this forum it drastically needed an update. Downside of course, as with everything, is that the old theme didn't work. As with last time this happened I'll be about to try and make the transition smoother but it was, at the end of the day, a necessary shift ;)

Please report any problems / issues if they arrise!

Cheers,

w3bz

Goaty

Thanks my Master... like this site, would there be more updates later with background etc into 2000AD theme?

w3bz

Yeah very likely, just wanted to get the forums back up and running (already spent waaaay too long with the upgrade) so you guys didn't suffer too much downtime. I figured even with layout type gripes you'd rather be chatting away than not ;)

Colin YNWA

Uhhhh - shiny... right lets go play...

James Stacey

Appreciated W3bz. I fear change, but from having run my own forums I know what a pain it can be. Keep up the tip top work

w3bz

Quote from: James Stacey on 14 June, 2011, 01:48:14 PM
Appreciated W3bz. I fear change, but from having run my own forums I know what a pain it can be. Keep up the tip top work

Cheers, yeah, it's a pain but we put it off long enough - and the new spam stuff installed is already working a charm it would seem (blocked 9 in the last 15 minutes) - hopefully that keeps up :D

COMMANDO FORCES

Shiny and new, I like it  :D

Dandontdare

That's a relief - I was getting worried when I couldn't get back in earlier!

Will the "active topics" index (as opposed to unread posts) be reinstated at all as this was always my usual starting point?

w3bz

Quote from: Dandontdare on 14 June, 2011, 01:56:57 PM
That's a relief - I was getting worried when I couldn't get back in earlier!

Will the "active topics" index (as opposed to unread posts) be reinstated at all as this was always my usual starting point?

Yeah sorry about that too way longer than expected, which is why we've ended up jumping the gun a bit, loosing some features but gaining others. As for the active topics, literally thought of that about 5 mins ago, will go hunting! ;)

JamesC

It'll take some getting used to but...I think I like it! :)

w3bz

Quote from: JamesC on 14 June, 2011, 01:59:43 PM
It'll take some getting used to but...I think I like it! :)

Good man! Feel exactly the same way mind you, it's like when you go into Tesco and they've moved the toiletries ;)

W. R. Logan

Wheres the new messages button.

Aii Blakkee Message Board

W. R. Logan

COMMANDO FORCES

w3bz

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 14 June, 2011, 02:07:50 PM
Spoilers are visible  :o

Oh crap! Cover your eyes!...gimme a few will sort it...