Main Menu

Thought Bubble 2011 - 19th-20th November

Started by Emperor, 15 June, 2011, 05:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

http://thoughtbubblefestival.com

Anyone going? I'll be trying to make this as BICS is off this year.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Emperor

if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Colin YNWA

Giving it some serious thought. Being in Sheffield its a hope on a train and will be a good excuse to catch up with a few folk from here (if they're going) and meet a few more with any look. Shaping up to be a good guest list too.

CrazyFoxMachine

I'll be going. Probably get a table too and try one last burst of Dr WTF sellery!

*queue silence*

Richmond Clements

Yup- it's the second best comic con in the UK!

Pete Wells

Yerp, I'll be there. Reckon I'll get the train this year as I drove last time and couldn't get pizzled!

Steven Sterlacchini

Yep, I'm going.

It looks like it will be even bigger than last year and has been extended to two days (not including all the other bits).

McMahon is the cherry on the cake.

I'll probably be plodding around as a Stormtrooper again, which sometimes means I don't get a chance to enjoy all the fun. I'll probably have to queue up for Mick in costume.

Steven

Large48

[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Emperor

I may have got Colin MacNeil and John Smith interested too, although they may try and deny all knowledge today. John as talked into going last year (main arm-twisting courtesy of Peter Doherty) but didn't have anything to pimp, this year he has Cradlegrave, which should be a big hit (and some folks might have Tharg's Terror tales Presents: Necronauts and A Love Like Blood, out at the same time, and Rian Hughes has been talking about his Tales From Beyond Science collection so there could be more). If he does go I'm bringing along Scarab #1 for signing, as it'll annoy him. ;)

Colin YNWA

The trouble is if John Smith goes that's it I'll turn into a ridiculous fanboy if I meet him. It'll get embarrassing. If only Roger was still around to tell me how to handle it (no his mother jokes off the back that one!)

Spikes

Apologies if this topic is already posted elsewhere but what do people think about the thought bubble convention thats happening in Leeds this november - http://thoughtbubblefestival.com/
i know that mick mcmahon is attending both days and dave gibbons is attending as well, and personally im looking forward to it.
be nice to try and get a convention sketch or two, :)

DoomBot

Not sure which day but I expect I'll be there at some point

dracula1

I'm going, . . . enjoyed it beyond belief last year. Are tickets on sale now?

Cthulouis

Haha! Booked this weekend off from work today! So, looks like I'll be there.

A.Cow

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 16 June, 2011, 07:57:25 PM
The trouble is if John Smith goes that's it I'll turn into a ridiculous fanboy if I meet him.

Tell him your name is Scott Nestel.  That'll spice up the conversation.