Main Menu

Scream!

Started by JimBob, 06 December, 2002, 01:15:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

'Ah... part fish, part man, part lobster, ALL monster...

That takes me back'

Jeez, I remember buying this! What a cool cover. Brilliant! Everybody go and look now!

Quirkafleeg

paulvonscott

I made the terrible mistake of starting Monster in Scream, thinking I could read it through my Eagles, but there are issues missing!  Damn!

I need Eagles 131, 137-148, 150-151, 153, 156, 158.

I really want to finish this story as I'm thoroughly enjoying it, if anyone has any issues they could trade to me, I'd be grateful, or if there was some other way, let me know.

Cheers

Paul

"Terhhhee Kill!"

JayzusB.Christ

'the final panel is of the kid screaming as two alien nurses remove the cast to reveal....an ant-like leg underneath.'
I remember that, it scared the living bejayzus out of me too when I was a kid.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Marbles

nb scream website is back online - hurrah !
Remember - dry hair is for squids

stront692

hi there,
scream was brilliant and i think one of my first ever comics - i liked it much more than 2000ad at the time and learned to read by making my mum repeat the stories over and over again,
the CATs story was quite good and i also used to like the dracula files and i was gutted when they finished it - the nightcomers was looking quite good and a lot of the stories that started never really got a chance - apparently it was stopped because newsagents got complaints from parents so IPC management over reacted and pulled it (thats the story anyway)
i have seen the the fiends and neighbours strip in 'shiver and shake' and many other IPC humour publications - does anyone think they were just reprints
in retrospect i loved the alan moore MONSTER stories (hes very good at doing first person narrative scenes almost like a movie) but i cant help u out with the EAGLE issues ive already sold my doubles - im doing a clearout to make way for more at the moment
apart from the first special they are all mostly reprint from the issues of scream mixed with one off stories from other places (i think they did it to make their money back on the whole affair)

i have several full sets of this series and issue two with the free gift is the hardest to find (just like with 200AD), issue 4 always seems to have a big drop off and issue 14 is hard to find in good condition
SCREAM is without doubt one of my favourite comics and its been great going down memory lane with u all
stront692

stront692

the story that used to scare me half to death was THE COLLECTOR in EAGLE, that was very weird and i have never liked stories like this as a result - even now i skip thargs future shocks
stront692

Woolly

My grandad bought me every issue of scream when i was a kid, and i loved it! Then, a few years later, my gran decided to take them to a bring and buy sale.... and the lot went for about 50p!!

Recently bought them all again and a couple of the specials. Still kept me glued to the pages, just like a good issue of Tooth does!!

But their is a story that me and a mate both remember that i havent seen yet, it was called 'Mother's day' or something like that, and was just a one off strip about a guy talking to someone on the bus about his mum and what he'd got for her. When he got home you discovered his mum was a corpse, and had been for some time.
If anyone knows which special it was in, or indeed how many specials there were, please let me know!

But yeah, Scream utterly ruled!

petemaskreplica

Hey, I remember that story! very creepy stuff.

Was it in Scream? I had a feeling it was in Revolver or something.

Rio De Fideldo

Wasn't that in Crisis and by Mark Miller?

Rio De Fideldo

Or was it a Halloween Special?

I seem to remember there was a Romance Special too with a Brian Bolland cover of a Princess kissing a frog or something.

petemaskreplica

the Romance special was Revolver, I'm pretty sure.

stront692

the revolver romance had some horror stories in it and there is also the 2000AD action special if u want to check out some ols strips of yesteryear (and VULCAN for reprints of those actual strips)
scream has four specials as far as im aware (85 to 89) and there was scream spinechillers special in 1990 or 91 but that was all reprint
after the second they are all reprint but they do contain material from other sources beside scream
stront692

Rio De Fideldo

Which Horror Special was it then, Crisis or Revolver, with the John Bolton painting of a witch on the front?

Without the issues in front of me I honestly can't remember.

Trout

I was utterly astonished the other day to see the Revolver Romance Special listed somewhere as retailing for a tenner.

Anyone know why this may be so?

- Trout