Main Menu

I prefer the Stallone Dredd uniform to the new one

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 18 August, 2011, 05:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: Radbacker on 23 August, 2011, 08:51:21 AM
What is with the spikey Cod piece and gloves looks like something Rob Halford would wear!

On the plus side, the shoulders aren't rounded.

Goaty

Quote from: Radbacker on 23 August, 2011, 08:51:21 AM
Well he did the design for a couple of other future Sci-Fi movies (I think The Fifth Element?) so they thought he would be a natural for it, boy where they wrong.  What is with the spikey Cod piece and gloves looks like something Rob Halford would wear!

CU Radabcker

The Fifth Element's costume design was created by French fashion designer Jean-Paul Gaultier, who produced 954 costumes (Amazing is that?? lol)

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JOE SOAP

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JOE SOAP

TordelBack

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 23 August, 2011, 01:35:25 PM
Nothing wrong with rounded shoulder-pads.

Don't get me wrong, I lahve 'em all pertly rounded, just so.  I was merely invoking the spirit of one who is (hopefully) no longer with us.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: TordelBack on 23 August, 2011, 01:50:56 PMDon't get me wrong

I wasn't, just thought 'twas time for another reminder how better off we are than in '95. Recession, ptooh.

vzzbux

That Gibson Dredd is pretty close to the new film design.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Angry Vince

Hey, you turned his frown upside down!

And now Dredd is really scary. Like a clown with too much make up. And a strap-on.

Oh wait, that was the Stallone version..
Angry Vince: One Man Against the World! (So far the world is winning 96:0)

CYCLOPZ

I've been searching for The Bank Raid episode in the progs. Is there anywhere online I can find the scans? It'll be interesting to see how close it is to the movie intro when its done.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Anderson's Shame on 28 August, 2011, 11:51:28 PM
I've been searching for The Bank Raid episode in the progs. Is there anywhere online I can find the scans? It'll be interesting to see how close it is to the movie intro when its done.

It's only 'close' in the sense of the uniform and tone of it, nothing storywise.

Glenn Broadway

Quote from: Anderson's Shame on 28 August, 2011, 11:51:28 PM
I've been searching for The Bank Raid episode in the progs.

A quick search on Barney leads me to think it's in the Judge Dredd Annual 1981 - I have this and would be happy to snap some iPhone photos of the pages for you (I can't scan it at the moment).

I actually have this courtesy of a friend at a car boot sale. For £40 he picked up:

Judge Dredd Annuals 1979 - 1983
2000AD Annuals 1979 - 1983
Progs 1-500 (missing about 100)
Tornados (ALL, including Annuals)
Starlord (ALL I think, including Annuals)
SPEED (had never heard of it, but I think it's where Death Wish first appeared - I remember that from my brother's comics, Roy of the Rovers perhaps).

Plus... Various Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers comics and some pre 1970 MAD Magazines!

Quite the bargain!

note: 2 attempts before successful CAPTCHA recognition!

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: glennbroadway on 29 August, 2011, 06:27:40 PMA quick search on Barney leads me to think it's in the Judge Dredd Annual 1981

It's also reprinted in the fourth Dredd collection from Titan, which also claimed the Annual version was censored IIRC.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.