Main Menu

Thank You... Ron!

Started by The Legendary Shark, 28 August, 2011, 07:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Frankum

Same as. Too nervous to call him. Maybe we should all pick straws to see who phones him first.

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

dracula1

I didn't unfortunately, totally bottled it, I'm in awe of the man. :-[ I would feel better communicating via FB messenger or text. Seems a bit impersonnal that way I know but would suit me better if I choked up (which I would most likely do over the blower).

Bhuna

I bricked it too!  :( I'd just end up stuttering and putting the phone down!
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Jim_Campbell

Has anyone got back in touch with Ron's daughter to let her know how much the gesture was appreciated and the reason for the lack of any actual phone calls? If not, perhaps someone should...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

dracula1

That's a very good idea Jim. I kindly asked if I could email Ron but she hinted he wasn't using this method of communication :-( l would gladly Chase this up on the forums behalf. I would need to trawl my emails to find her contact though. Let me know how you all feel about this first.

Skullmo

I'll give him a call on the forum's behalf if you want! I am happy to let him know how much we appreciate him!
It's a joke. I was joking.

dracula1

Much Thanks kind Sir :D and please indicate some of us are just to shy / chicken to call him :-\

Darren Stephens

Quote from: Skullmo on 14 March, 2013, 02:49:23 PM
I'll give him a call on the forum's behalf if you want! I am happy to let him know how much we appreciate him!

That would be great. It's times like this I curse my shyness.....actually, MOST times.
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

dracula1

Took on board what Jim suggested and trawled through my hotmail archive for his daughters letter. I've sent an email indicating continuing interest in Ron's tribute book and his amazing work in general. I've forwarded a link with the email to our forum and Ron's thread so he or his daughter can look in on our renewed and continued interest. I also explained the situation about forum members phoning and suggested, if they felt they wanted to, that the 2000ad site / forum page or a FB site to communicate with Fans might be good alternative options. Hopefully they will get back to us with some feed back soon (I'll keep you all posted)  :D

flintlockjaw

I did call Mr. Smith and I did interview him for a couple of hours. The interview will be posted as soon as I get his daughter, Hannahs permission. Ron is a fantastic man and he's aware how much the fans love his work. The man a comic strip genius.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: flintlockjaw on 19 March, 2013, 12:47:23 PM
I did call Mr. Smith and I did interview him for a couple of hours. The interview will be posted as soon as I get his daughter, Hannahs permission. Ron is a fantastic man and he's aware how much the fans love his work. The man a comic strip genius.

That's brilliant news. Nice one, Flint.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JayzusB.Christ

Yep, really looking forward to that interview.  I'd say he has a few stories to tell.  I'd be happy to call him too, if anyone wants to PM me his number.  Bit of a shy git myself but I'd love to chat with him
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

flintlockjaw

First part of the interview is posted on the ECBT2000ad site. Also, I talked to Mr. Smith today and he's more than happy to talk to his fans as long as it's between 3 and 5pm...that's when he's available! So, don't be afraid...drop him a line and tell him how much you appreciate his incredible body of work.

JayzusB.Christ

Sweet! Any chance you could PM me his number?  If I summon the balls I'll call him within the week
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"