Main Menu

Who's going to Hi-Ex 2012?

Started by Proudhuff, 06 September, 2011, 01:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluemeanie

Thanks for the info guys, I'll pass it on to the organising committee  :)

Trout

So...

Is everyone going along just for the Saturday, or will there be loads of people in the bar on the Friday?

- Thirsty Trout

COMMANDO FORCES

The Hell-Trekkers will be at the bar Friday for definate and we'll put in another impressive showing  :D

Dan Kelly

We're probably coming.

We're trying to work out quite how we're going to manage things with the boy.

Think we're going to drive up from London on Thursday / Friday - hang around Arbroath Dundee for a few days after - depends on relatives plans...

Proudhuff

Sorry Meanie didn't mean to be snappy, I google maps anywhere I'm heading to as a matter of course. The chaps are of course right its a spit was from town and a dawdle to get to/from
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Quote from: King Trout on 09 January, 2012, 10:27:54 PM
So...

Is everyone going along just for the Saturday, or will there be loads of people in the bar on the Friday?

- Thirsty Trout

Hoping to be there, if the good grud's willing and the creek don't rise
DDT did a job on me

Trout

I'm going to have a go, but there are all sorts of issues with work right now. Our start times keep changing without warning (yes, I know they're not allowed to do that) and I'm not guaranteed nights off if I ask for them. So that affects when I can come along.

But I'm hoping to get along for the Saturday, as least, even if I have to head home on the Sunday morning.

Dandontdare

I'm going to have a couple of extra days and see something of the wild calhab wastes, which means I can't Helltrek it this year, but flights are pretty reasonable Cheaper than trains oddly - I can get up tjere for just £25 but it's £65-£200 to get back, and the cheapest return is also dearer than flying.)

bluemeanie

No worries Proudhuff, like I said, figured others here had already done the same thing so was after the inside info.

Now its just down to seeing if we have the funds  :-\

Dandontdare

Quote from: Dandontdare on 10 January, 2012, 04:37:14 PM
and the cheapest return is also dearer than flying.)

Bugger - looks like prices have changed since I lasst looked. Going  by train now.

Why is buying transport tickets so bloody complicated and illogical in this country?

davethomson

I have decided to pack in the idea of going by train thanks to the cost and times of them being ridiculous. Now I shall be joining up with the Hell Trek as it travels through the central belt! :D
Everything I know about life, I learnt from old school hip-hop. Don't sweat the technique!

Proudhuff

Happy to see the Helltrek booked up  :thumbsup:, but the train fares do come down around now if previous year's are anything to go by.

DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Just had a deek, and one can't book returns until 13 Jan. Normally the tickets come online a silly high prices then tumble, then raise again like some Hollywood franchise.
As a public service I'll keep you updated  :D
DDT did a job on me

Buttonman

Quote from: Proudhuff on 11 January, 2012, 06:46:36 PM
Just had a deek, and one can't book returns until 13 Jan. Normally the tickets come online a silly high prices then tumble, then raise again like some Hollywood franchise.
As a public service I'll keep you updated  :D

Get your spindley arse on the Rad-wagon Huff - if it seals the deal I'll save my letter writing workshop until you arrive.

Dandontdare

If anyone is looking for the cheapest fares, avoid a website called "raileasy.com" which pops up on  a lot of searches -  they offered the best price for a return to Inverness, but after selecting train times, seat booking preferences, ticket delivery details and taking card payment details, it then says "one or more parts of your journey are unavailable - please amend your choices" - burt it doesn't tell you which part!

So I spent ages choosing different times, removing restrictive choices such as 'window only' - never got it to pass. Ending up using their timetable info to book tickets on the same trains via thetrainline.com at almost same price, no problem.

I fucking hate internet travel booking and this country's transport system. It's all Thatcher's fault!