Main Menu

The future is 35 years young in February!

Started by Molch-R, 07 December, 2011, 12:44:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Proudhuff

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 09 December, 2011, 09:30:37 PM
I say it should be held in CF's Cellar.

no way! he'd strip search us on the way out  :o
DDT did a job on me

A.Cow

Quote from: chris_askham on 07 December, 2011, 03:14:13 PM
Yes, but have you been to that holiday camp? I spent a week there with the family in the summer just gone, and have no wish to return in this life time (and probably not the next either)...

There you've hit the nail on the head.  We always gave Pontins in Ainsdale a lot of rope due to the general cheapness, but in the end we had to boycott them after catching a particularly nasty flea infestation from there one year that wiped-out our whole summer.

And Prestatyn seems to have a similar reputation for poor cleanliness and wee bitey bastards.  The new ownership by Britannia Hotels doe not appear to have changed matters.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Molch-R on 09 December, 2011, 01:39:13 PM
...I guess in this line of work there are always people who presume much, but actually know nowt.

I was foolish enough to be such a presumer who turned out to know even less than nowt.

Quote from: Molch-R on 09 December, 2011, 01:39:13 PM
Signed - a 'true' fan.

:-X 
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

BPP

Quote from: A.Cow on 29 December, 2011, 05:41:27 AM
And Prestatyn seems to have a similar reputation for poor cleanliness and wee bitey bastards.  The new ownership by Britannia Hotels doe not appear to have changed matters.

check out the kitchens, maybe you can get Wagner to direct a re-creation of the classic 'Adrian Cockroach' Dredd strip.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Alien Goodness

Will SFX put 2000AD on the cover of their magazine (or some other big promotion) in return for this "exclusive"? It's always good to reach out to new readers (or ex-readers), but it does seem a bit limiting to only have one "official" 35th celebration at an event that isn't particularly aimed at comic fans

Emperor

OK it looks like sharky and I (and my KTT) might be attending but only for one of the days. It seems like Friday is the one for us as the birthday party is on that day, I assume it is a full day like Saturday and Sunday but do you need an extra ticket for the evening do?

Anyone else going?
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

dweezil2

Quote from: Emperor on 14 January, 2012, 07:25:02 PM
OK it looks like sharky and I (and my KTT) might be attending but only for one of the days. It seems like Friday is the one for us as the birthday party is on that day, I assume it is a full day like Saturday and Sunday but do you need an extra ticket for the evening do?

Anyone else going?

Me and the missus hope to be going-weather permitting.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

The Legendary Shark

Well, that's my Day Pass for Friday booked (£6 per person "booking fee" - the cheeky buggers!).

Getting quite excited, now, as this is my first comic-con ever!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

W. R. Logan

Well there's a nice big full page ad for the SFX Weekender in the back of the Prog but no mention of any Birthday Party or 2000AD related goings on.
But you can see Craig Charles on the decks.

Lady Festina

Watch this space for some appropriate 35th birthday activities, currently being plotted by CrazyFoxMachine and I....

JUDGE BURNS

That sneak peak of prog 1771 looks totally out of this world!  Cant wait to see the whole cover.  :D

Emperor

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 14 January, 2012, 09:07:02 PM
Well, that's my Day Pass for Friday booked (£6 per person "booking fee" - the cheeky buggers!).

Getting quite excited, now, as this is my first comic-con ever!

Well despite (or because of) a complete lack of planning it looks like shark and I will be there tomorrow. Thanks also to Carlos, whose gentle cajoling got sharky to go and I got dragged along in his wake. Anyone there will be able to spot us, he'll be looking like a nervous schoolgirl* and I'll be saying "just go and talk to him!!!" before wandering off to find Brian Blessed and thank him for my Christmas card.

* Or an extra from Porridge, as he described himself so I'd recognise him.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Dandontdare

we demand a photo of you both with John and Carlos!

Steve Green

Pretty sure there should be someone in one of the Planet Replica costumes knocking around... would love to see a pic of Blessed being busted for shouting...