Main Menu

Marvel "Ultimate Graphic Novels" Collection (As seen on TV!!!)

Started by Alski, 30 December, 2011, 03:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Falcon

Quote from: Alski on 23 January, 2012, 11:34:19 PM
Quote from: Jade Falcon on 23 January, 2012, 11:14:53 PM

Want to bet that a company will do the same with DC?

TBH, I wouldn't subscribe to a DC version

Make Mine Marvel etc

I wouldn't subscribe to either, as I say the Dark Phoenix one brought back good memories, although the one thing with that era of X-Men that bugged me was how we had to continually be told that Cyclops beams 'were only held in check by his ruby quartz visor/glasses'. :)

I just thought as the other big old company that there would be a possibility, though with them there's the danger of it being primarily Batman/Superman content.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Mardroid

I'm reading the first, Spider-man: Coming Home.  An interesting intriguing story so far with some lovely art.

JamesC

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 23 January, 2012, 11:49:37 PM
Quote from: Alski on 23 January, 2012, 11:34:19 PM
Quote from: Jade Falcon on 23 January, 2012, 11:14:53 PM

Want to bet that a company will do the same with DC?

TBH, I wouldn't subscribe to a DC version

Make Mine Marvel etc

I wouldn't subscribe to either, as I say the Dark Phoenix one brought back good memories, although the one thing with that era of X-Men that bugged me was how we had to continually be told that Cyclops beams 'were only held in check by his ruby quartz visor/glasses'. :)

I just thought as the other big old company that there would be a possibility, though with them there's the danger of it being primarily Batman/Superman content.

I'd definitely subscribe if they had a decent cross section of material. Classic DC is far more expensive and less available than old Marvel stuff. I'd kill for some decent full colour collections of 70's Dennis O'Neill Batman. There's also loads of good Superman stuff from the 70's that I'd like to read.
Once you bring in Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern etc and then take into account that DC's history goes back to the 30's there's a great opportunity for some lovely collections. Even some eraly Vertigo wouldn't go amiss.

I thought about signing up for this Marvel set but I get most of my classic Marvel thrills from Panini's excellent Pocket Books series. IMHO the best value comics currently available.

Satanist

I still havent got mine and now see the 3rd issue taunting me in the newsagents.

Bah!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Mattofthespurs

Nope, nothing for me yet either.
I logged in to the account section of the publishers and according to them they processed and sent issues 2 & 3 on the 16th of Jan  :|

The Legendary Shark

Ah, the joys of having a local Thrill Merchant - just got mine (#3) and about to curl up with it.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Leon

Quote from: Mattofthespurs on 25 January, 2012, 01:30:47 PM
Nope, nothing for me yet either.
I logged in to the account section of the publishers and according to them they processed and sent issues 2 & 3 on the 16th of Jan  :|

I rung them yesterday and had a really bad quality phone call as it was breaking up a lot. From what I could gather, it had been dispatched on the 16th but they said it could take up to 28 days from then.. Which makes no sense - where are they coming from, China?

Really disappointed with the service so far - hopefully once they've gotten started it will flow better, but it's painful having to wait while Dark Phoenix has been and gone in store, and Extremis is now available too. I'm hoping it's just because of all the bundled in goodies that things are a bit slow...

vzzbux

As I have said before the delivery service on these sort of things are very sporadic. You can't count on the same delivery date month in month out. I have had two packages within a week when a month has overlapped. They have never missed one though and if is going to be late (as in carry on to the next month) in delivery the will let you know.

I am assuming of course that it is DeAgostini that is distributing these.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Mattofthespurs

Cheers Leon, thanks for letting us know.

I await in antici.....pation.

Leon

No problem. Which site was it you logged into to check your order status? I signed up on the www.graphicnovelcollection.com site and didnt see anything like that.

Leon

By the way, just checked the e-mail confirmation I got on the 8th Jan when I subscribed, and it says:

"Your order is being processed and you will receive your first dispatch within 28 days."

So, that would be by the 5th Feb. If it's any later than that, I'll be contacting them again.

Alski

Pissed off that it's in the shops and I haven't got mine. No money has been taken either...
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

Alski

Just sent an email. Which probably will never be replied to..

"Hi

I subscribed by phone after issue one.

I see that issue 3 is in the shops, but I have not received anything, nor has money been taken from my account.

It is very annoying, and feels disrespectful that subscribers are treated thus.

Phoning you is a joke, hence this email.

please explain what the hold up is. Better yet, telephone me, as calling you is not productive in my experience.

Alan Holloway"
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

The Legendary Shark

Support your local newsagent! In the last 35 years I think my local newsie has only let me down about five times on Twoothy - and four of those times they sorted it out eventually.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

SmallBlueThing

Yes, support your newsies. In the past seven years, my local has never once failed to get me something ive ordered, and has never missed a prog.

SBT