Main Menu

Garth Ennis to write The Shadow

Started by Colin YNWA, 16 January, 2012, 04:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Was going to put this in the other Garth Ennis thread but thought it deserved one of its own.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/01/16/garth-ennis-writes-shadow-all-other-news-cancelled/

Now I'm trying to cut back but its announcements like this that just make that so damned hard to do. That's a pretty exciting combination there if you ask me. Looking forward to this one.

strontium_dog_90

Now that is good news indeed, especially since The Boys is winding down - good to know there needn't be an Ennis-shaped hole in the old monthly comic reading material :-)

JamesC

The Shadow is one of those characters that I like the idea of but the stories always seem disappointing.
I'll be interested to see what Ennis does with it - I'd be happy if it was a kind of '30's version of Punisher MAX.

Daveycandlish

I love the Shadow (especially the 80s series by Andy Helfer) so I hope to God Ennis doesn't turn it into a lot of nob gags and sex

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Ignatzmonster

Quote from: JamesC on 16 January, 2012, 05:26:36 PM
The Shadow is one of those characters that I like the idea of but the stories always seem disappointing.

Have the opposite opinion. Never really understood what makes him tick, but I have to admit the character has been incredibly lucky when it comes to comic book adaptations: O'neil/Kaluta, Robbins, Chaykin, Helfer/Sienkiewicz&Baker, Jones/Barreto, Kaluta/Gianni. All of those teams were compelling in their way.