Main Menu

Firefly (and Serenity)...

Started by locustsofdeath!, 20 January, 2012, 08:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ICONIC_TM

Stargate Atlantis, Last season,

SuperMegaUltraLightingBabe!

The Legendary Shark

Kaylee Frye is my favourite. There's just something about a woman who's good with her hands...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 26 January, 2012, 04:35:38 PM
Kaylee Frye is my favourite.

She is soooooo cute. But...

for me it's Morena Baccarin as Inara. Stunningly beautiful, just breathtaking.

(and the character is a great spin on the 'Whore With the Heart of Gold' archetype)

Every time Mal started fumbling around instead of telling her how he felt - when she was right there wanting him - I would scream at the tv like a teenage girl watching Twilight.

ICONIC_TM

Cleopatra 2525  ::)  :-[ I remember it!

Colin Zeal

Kaylee for me as well but Inara is a bloody close second.

von Boom

It's too hard to choose. I loved them all for their own reasons but if I had to go with just one it would be Kaylee.

JvB

ICONIC_TM

That point when Stargate SG1 almost became Fargate or Starscape?  ;)

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: Judge von Boom on 26 January, 2012, 05:13:27 PM
It's too hard to choose. I loved them all for their own reasons but if I had to go with just one it would be Kaylee.

Kaylee is my kind of girl, but Inara is my kind of woman!

EDIT: We're all such nerds.

Professor Bear

If you like to look at Morena Baccarin, you should give Homeland a go.  It's a great watch all on its own, but the producers included a nudity clause and were so intent in getting their money's worth from it that there's this scene where Baccarin's husband, rather than shag her, just tosses himself off while looking at her, and it's supposed to convey how damaged he's become that physical intimacy with someone he loves is something frightening to him, except because you've seen the previous episodes you know by then that he's just doing that so he does not obscure our view of the boobies.  She has nice boobies, too, and it's good that she's put the camp panto theatrics of the awful V behind her.

Proper Dave

Quote from: ICONIC_TM on 26 January, 2012, 04:59:22 PM
Cleopatra 2525  ::)  :-[ I remember it!

God but it's good, and brought back so many memories. Just picked up the first season box set in Replay for three quid.
Take care. Have fun. Bring your own banjo.
http://www.pseudopod.empty-spaces.net

ICONIC_TM

Emp

Recent rumours are that all cast and crew have said that they would be up for doing more and said rumours have also mentioned that Fillon was seen in his Serenity get up......maybe another Castle thing but we can hope................as i said rumours( and maybe wishful thinking).

IndigoPrime

That the cast would be up for more means pretty much nothing, sadly. I can't see it ever happening, not least because the IP is still owned by a company keen to retain what's turned into a nice little cash cow, needing almost no investment to keep income ticking over. I know Fillion's said if he were to win the lottery, he'd buy the rights himself and make more, but beyond that vanishingly small possibility, I doubt we'll ever see more Firefly. (And the movie wasn't nearly successful enough to justify a sequel, so even the cinema route is out.)

Goosegash

Firefly was nearly ten years ago, how crazy is that?

I still think Serenity(the 90 minute pilot, not the movie) is one of the best introductions to a series ever. I can imagine the Fox execs must've been sweating when they saw it, though, as the pacing is so slow and deliberate compared to the majority of contemporary shows. It really luxuriates in taking it's time to establish the world and the characters in a way that's almost the antithesis of most modern TV drama (apart from notable exceptions like The Wire).

The movie was okay, but I think it suffered from over-compression. Trying to give every storyline some kind of resolution in the space of roughly two hours was possibly a little too ambitious, and I feel I like it lead to certain characters getting short-changed. I'm still a little disappointed we never got to find out what Shepherd Book's story was.

TordelBack

Quote from: Goosegash on 30 January, 2012, 12:10:33 PM
I can imagine the Fox execs must've been sweating when they saw it, though, as the pacing is so slow and deliberate compared to the majority of contemporary shows.

No need to imagine - they hated it so much they didn't air it until the series was cancelled.  Having only come to the show on DVD, and this watched it in its intended order, I've often wondered what my experience would have been like if I'd seen it in its bizarre broadcast order.