Main Menu

Cinebooks

Started by Colin YNWA, 28 January, 2012, 09:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 06 March, 2015, 11:37:24 PM
New Fabien Vehlmann series coming in July, Marquis of Anon, I look forward to any books by this author.

Still not read Green Manor, is it good - well I assume youi reckon so! Looks like he's done something with Sean Philips - interested to see that...

Hawkmumbler

Was Kenya book 1 a self contained tale or the beginning of a two-five part story? I tend to buy cinebooks series in complete arcs rather than one book at a time.

Tombo

I think its a pair of five book cycles, Kenya and Namibia.  There's not many English sources on the net, Cinebooks only covers the volumes they've translated.

Colin YNWA

Yeah Kenya is 5 books and I think you are right about the second cycle from what I've been able to dig out. I think Cinebook have all of Kenya out now, or will ahve soon. No doubt Numibia will be along shortly?

Hawkmumbler

Volume 3 of Kenya is due in a month or so I think. If it's released entirely by Thought Bubble it's a deffinet purchase, seeing as book 6 of Antares is MIA and I don't want to be left wanting it. As it is, Red Baron, Valerian, and Long John Silver are all deffinelty on the cards.

Timothy

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 07 March, 2015, 07:00:07 AM
Quote from: Ancient Otter on 06 March, 2015, 11:37:24 PM
New Fabien Vehlmann series coming in July, Marquis of Anon, I look forward to any books by this author.

Still not read Green Manor, is it good - well I assume youi reckon so! Looks like he's done something with Sean Philips - interested to see that...

Green Manor is great fun. I think I heard somewhere that there's a third volume awaiting translation.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 07 March, 2015, 07:00:07 AM

Green Manor is great fun - essentially a series of locked-room-type murder mysteries/Victorian-era Future Shocks. So no recurring characters, no ongoing plot of any kind, but a lot of twist-in-the-tale vignettes.

The third book has been 'awaiting' translation since 2008, though, so I'm not holding my breath for that one.
@jamesfeistdraws

Ancient Otter

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 07 March, 2015, 07:00:07 AMLooks like he's done something with Sean Philips - interested to see that...

7 Psychopaths was a very offbeat WWII story, it's alright.

Prodigal2

Did anyone pick up Barracuda? Recommended?

Bolt-01

I've got the first volume of Barracuda waiting for me in my reading pile. It looks superb.

Grey M@a

Picked up the four volumes of Long John Silver, I assume there was only the four?

Also tempted to get all the XIII volumes. Read a sample years ago that came with Comic Heroes and liked it so will check that out.

Any other recommendations?

Colin YNWA

Almost too many to mention but Leo's Aldebaran series is pretty fantastic comics. I'm also a bit fan of Scorpion.

There are many more, just look through this thread.So far to be honest of the volumes I've read I've only not loved Crusade and I know that has fans here.

CrazyFoxMachine

I really love Orbital as well and Thorgal for my Viking fix.

Prodigal2

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 21 April, 2015, 02:36:35 PM
I've got the first volume of Barracuda waiting for me in my reading pile. It looks superb.

This is good enough for me. Ta mucho Bolt.

Grey M@a

Was just looking at getting volume 1 of Barracuda, could be due to the fact of coming off a reading binge of Long John Silver.

Also looking at picking up Red Baron and SAM and see what those are like.