Main Menu

2000AD for Kids

Started by pauljholden, 08 February, 2012, 11:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Sherman Kid

This is definately a good idea -worth a trial at the very least.Nothing to lose really small change of name and format and jobs a good one.

PS Been reading since Prog 1 -when on earth was this Bonjo story , never heard of it (I must have erased it from memory)

Van Dom

It was a 1 pager about an idiotic alien rampaging on Earth, very much in the same vein as Dash Decent. It was great fun!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

pauljholden

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 09 February, 2012, 01:11:47 PM
This is definately a good idea -worth a trial at the very least.Nothing to lose really small change of name and format and jobs a good one.

PS Been reading since Prog 1 -when on earth was this Bonjo story , never heard of it (I must have erased it from memory)

http://www.2000ad.org/?zone=thrill&page=profiles&choice=bonjo

NSFTM

Kids oriented gns with the meg ain't a bad idea . but specific new strips though not so sure.. Law man of the future still leaves a bad taste in my mouth
It Could Be That The Sole Purpose Of Your Life Is To Serve As A Warning To Others

TordelBack

I absolutely loved Bonjo From Beyond the Stars, having first read it in the 1984 annual, and everything about it (even the far-over-the-borderline casual racism).  It contains my favourite ever 2000AD pun:  MACH Aaarvark is confronted with an amphibious mammal strapped with explosives and a ticking timer:  naturally it's "an otter you can't defuse". 

Proudhuff

for those without sprogs, they could just hang around school gates and hand them out, I'm sure that wouldn't cause a problem   :o
DDT did a job on me

Kerrin

Great idea.

Commissioning of stories aimed at younger readers also a good idea. I'd like to see a decently written and drawn sci-fi comic aimed at kids online from the talent at rebellion's disposal.

No doubt there are such things but I must have missed them.

Bat King

Yup - good idea and I'd read it :)
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Buttonman

My initial thought was 'Bugger off' - let them buy their own stuff with their pocket money/forged giros/mugging takings.

On reflection though I've come around to the idea - I haven't read any of the bagged books for a while and the idea of doing something different with it appeals.

It could even encompass other stuff from defunct comics - 'Computer Warrior' and 'Amstor Computer' from Eagle for a start - stuff with a 2000ad creator touch could wean the infants onto harder thrills.

I'm not falling for Tom's school gates ruse again but the books could be left on buses, trains, crack dens etc.

Bat King

Quote from: Emperor on 08 February, 2012, 11:42:12 PM
I like this idea.

You could try Captain Klep, Luke Kirby if they could ever sort the rights out, etc.

To be honest I'd like to see a 2000AD for kids (from Rebellion), possibly starting out digitally to cut costs? Use Kickstarter to get the initial funds!

By the way... what is the problem regarding Luke Kirby rights?
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Emperor

Quote from: Bat King on 09 February, 2012, 08:24:49 PM
I like this idea.

You could try Captain Klep, Luke Kirby if they could ever sort the rights out, etc.

To be honest I'd like to see a 2000AD for kids (from Rebellion), possibly starting out digitally to cut costs? Use Kickstarter to get the initial funds!

By the way... what is the problem regarding Luke Kirby rights?

The details aren't clear but it appears some of the paperwork might be missing or never have existed.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Bonjo was kinda surreal as i remember, think of him as a space jockey on some heavy duty meds.

Kids comics a great idea reprints of early Harlem Heroes and Dan Dare ala early prog material, Shako, Invasion etc.
Never rub another mans rhubarb

Heath C Ackley

A kids comic is an excellent idea PJ. Reprint some of the classics or even reboot an old character like Wolfie Smith. (A boy blessed/cursed with extreme powers trying to fit in at school and avoid the interests of those wanting to exploit his talents).

A tie - in, maybe from a video game or tv series. might bring the young 'uns in   
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Lawman of the Future got me on the prog-wagon when I was a sprog, so it's a proven concept alright.
You may quote me on that.

GordonR

I like this idea.

Ah, Kickstarter. The a la mode answer to everything.

It's one thing for individuals to use Kickstarter to fund interesting, offbeat and/or minority interest projects that might otherwise never see the light of day. It's quite another, surely, to suggest that a priavely-owned, profit-making and commercially-driven company do likewise.