Main Menu

MEG 321 - American Reaper , sexy ostriches?

Started by strontium71, 22 February, 2012, 10:32:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buttonman

As for the 'fanciful claims' -I'm not claiming to have shot dead four men for pete's sake, just letters printed.

Come now, anyone can kill a few people but not everyone can get letters printed. The Beast is filing this under 'Claim Denied' unless we get the numbers!

Grey M@a

I think my copy of Meg 321 has gone walkies again. I got the floppy this morning of Death Planet but still no sign of Meg 321 :( From the sounds of it though its nothing to be excited for so not to worried about it going missing after they were sent out early.

DrJomster

Well, one positive aspect of the latest Meg is the amount of fairly passionate discussion... ;)
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

IndigoPrime

Floppy arrived today, and just read it. Ugh. In fact, ugh x 2. The floppies are always a bit of a crapshoot, but I always thought Angel was utter trash, and as for Death Planet... Well, at least the cover was nice.

Proper Dave

Quote from: Lee Bates on 24 February, 2012, 11:11:07 PM
It actually says [spoiler]"Judge Joseph Dredd of Mega-City One, you have something inside you that I [/ineed]".[/spoiler]

Aw. I was really hoping that they would get on board with the fact that the Joe in Dredd should be based on [spoiler]José[/spoiler] and not [spoiler]Joseph[/spoiler].

Yet another case of white, privileged men appropriating something other than them.
Take care. Have fun. Bring your own banjo.
http://www.pseudopod.empty-spaces.net

Trout

Jose Dredd? Where does that come from? I thought he was supposed to be black.

As for the floppy: bloody hell. It reads like a couple of rejected Starblazer submissions. Utter tosh.

- Trout

Steve Green

I think that was just Mick drawing him as black originally - not sure if it was ever specified by the writer or Carlos.

Fargo seems to be Welsh originally according to the interwebs... I always though Dredd's lineage was supposed to be italian-american if anything, not hispanic.

On a side note, Brian Bolland picked out the Ostrich cover at the 2000AD panel on saturday, and said he really liked it...

Spikes

Quote from: Steve Green on 26 February, 2012, 03:54:20 PM
I think that was just Mick drawing him as black originally - not sure if it was ever specified by the writer or Carlos.

It was Carlos who originally gave Dredd some typically non-white features, to "put a mystery as to his racial background", and when Mick was asked to copy the template set by Carlos, he just assumed he was black and sorta drew him as such - for a while.

Gonk

coming at a cinema near you soon

Martin Howe

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 24 February, 2012, 10:54:53 PM
QuoteAs for the filler material
I'm sure the creators working on those strips will appreciate how much you think of their work...
Er, engage humour detectors please :)
(I thought calling it an issue of "American Reaper" was an obvious humour giveaway. Though perhaps we need a "Joke Alert" icon like as used in The Register.)
In space, no-one can hear you KILL an ALIEN
Facebook Flickr Twitter

DrJomster

I think Strange & Darke would benefit from being before American Reaper to be honest. It's coming along nicely and Colin's art is great as always but it should be in among the normal length material.

Good Dredd this Meg and Armitage I think would benefit from a longer run. Good to see Dredd's helmet staying on though!

Those ostriches on the cover were good though. :)

Couldn't finish the floppy, I'm afraid. Sorry! That Durham Red one recently was top though.
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Gonk

Quote from: Martin Howe on 26 February, 2012, 10:23:02 PM
(I thought calling it an issue of "American Reaper" was an obvious humour giveaway. Though perhaps we need a "Joke Alert" icon like as used in The Register.)

seems a lot of MEG readers missed the irony in AR and thought they were having the piss ripped out of them.
coming at a cinema near you soon

Spaceghost

Quote from: Steve Green on 26 February, 2012, 03:54:20 PM
I always though Dredd's lineage was supposed to be italian-american if anything

Giuseppe Dredd?
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Proudhuff

Quote from: fonky on 27 February, 2012, 09:19:11 AM
Quote from: Martin Howe on 26 February, 2012, 10:23:02 PM

seems a lot of MEG readers missed the irony in AR and thought they were having the piss ripped out of them.

nope you're wrong, there is no irony in AR, standard Pat, dare I say striaght faced story, piss has been ripped by the length, page count and bogus adverts
DDT did a job on me

COMMANDO FORCES

I can't wait to get my copy this Wednesday, as the Meg sounds great this month!