Main Menu

Helm is NOT useless: the proof

Started by Trout, 19 December, 2002, 07:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

I don't know what the weather's like down in sunny England, but north of the border we're all freezing our extremities off.

I would therefore like to take the opportunity to defend a much-maligned Rogue Trooper character - good old Helm.

If it wasn't for my new biochip beanie, as bought at Dreddcon, I might be lying frozen in a doorway as we speak!

All the time we've been wondering just what Helm was good for and - even though he's really not made of wool, I admit - we missed the obvious fact that he was keeping Rogue's mohawk warm!

Good old Helm!

- Trout

Oddboy

I bet Rogue would have traded in Helm if he had the chance to get a new comrade: Jumper
Better set your phaser to stun.

Art

Surely a beanie hat would do the job just as good? They now even come with biochips pre-fitted...

Trout

I though I just said that?

Mine doesn't talk, by the way.

Maybe they should extend the line, too.
How about the Bagman rucksack, or a mobile phone with Gunnar on?

Or Fr1day toilet paper. Oh wait, they did that already...

- Trout

Matt

I reckon Helm was hard done too by Rogue. We often saw the GI oiling and cleaning Gunnars parts after a good firefight but not once did we ever see him polishing his helmet...

Quirkafleeg

"not once did we ever see him polishing his helmet"

You were obviously not at Al Ewing's early morning artwork session at Dredcon then... Art's got the pic, perhaps he?ll scan and post it...

Tu-plang

I think Venus polished his helmet for him a few times...

Wocka wocka wocka!

Art

I'm really going to have to put together some kind of age-restricted subscription based archive of those.

Art

Another memory has come back: Didn't he try and get  either Henry Flint or Jock to ink his sketch of Dredd having a wank?

Queen Firey-Bou

BUt dredd never gets his helmet off ! boom boom.

Jared Katooie

If I had a choice I'd choose Helm over the others he's just so cool. Rogue and the others scream a lot but he's in control.

Plus his sensors are probably much better than Bagmans so he could analyse stuff and junk.

Plus if a big laser hit Rogue in the skull Rogue would be dead otherwise!

Also, Bou: Take OFF his helmet? Yikes....

Jared "repulsed" Katooie

Quirkafleeg

>Another memory has come back: Didn't he try and get either Henry Flint or Jock to ink his sketch of Dredd having a wank?

Oh god, the horror... I think it was Frazer and he wanted him to ink his walking penis Alpha. Or perhaps he asked others as well?

BTW Bagmen is the best because he can dispense Space Razzle...

Al_Ewing

Yes damn you I did it all. I regret nothing... I apologise for nothing... anyway, Johnny Alpha beats Rogue for juvenile fun what with him being Wulf's 'old cucumber'. Wulf meanwhile has the happy stick. I'm currently writing a fanfic called 'Log Cabin Lust' in which Wulf finds a new use for the Sternhammer Silencer. Watch for it.

If Rogue were to have a torried affair with a biochip, which one would it be? I say Gunnar cos he can automatically clean himself after a kinky session of hot man-on-gun thrills in the Quartz Zone...

Apologies to everyone I repulsed with my prescence and especially to poor Arthur who exchanged a useful pad of blank paper for something that could easily get him arrested.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Quirkafleeg

'Log Cabin Lust' - That'll be a shoe-in for the next pitch fest

Art

You know if you wnat them back I can post them to you. Brown paper parcel, of course.