Main Menu

Neo Scavenger - post apocalyptic browser game

Started by Minkyboy, 22 March, 2012, 11:34:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minkyboy

Great little work in progress this: http://bluebottlegames.com/main/node/21

You can play the demo for free in your browser.

It has a very steep learning curve and it is very easy to die, but I have never been so chuffed about making squirrel skin gloves before!

Tips:
[spoiler]Tip 1# Avoid all combat wherever possible. Run away! Get hills or forest between you and the raider/beast.
Tip 2# End your turn before scavenging, so you have max action points to get away if anything detects you.
Tip 3# Only eat the blue berries.[/spoiler]

Let me know if you want more advice, especially about starting skills and crafting recipes.

Minky
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

a chosen rider

Huh.  Failed to get anywhere at all with this when you first posted it - instructions are a bit inadequate for getting started, and it took a while to even figure out how to get out of the first room - but I came back for another go yesterday, and now I'm getting the hang of it a bit it's very addictive.  Haven't managed anything quite so sophisticated as making my own gloves, but I just made it to [spoiler]the city gates[/spoiler] for the first time.

Finding new stuff is pretty fun.  It was surprisingly thrilling to come across a shopping trolley a few games ago. :lol: And the one time I managed to find both a rifle and bullets in the same game was pretty glorious.
On Twitter @devilsfootsteps