Main Menu

Meg 322 - Snapshot

Started by Hegel, 24 March, 2012, 12:37:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alski

Oh, and the bonus stuff: Purgatory was arsom and stupid all at once. How camp is Khurtz! the Janus strip was rubbish, partly because the dialogue, with Janus even THINKING "like", was crap. The Time Twister is one of the best. Who is JM Teed?
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

James Stacey

Quote from: Alski on 28 March, 2012, 01:53:55 PM
Black Museum - All good until the boy sprout fired a lawgiver without blowing his own hand off. Leah Moore needs to do a bit of homework, methinks.
Look at how he fires it. She has done her homework

Alski

"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

Pioneer

@Radiator - when did we actually see March? Does he appear in Mega City Justice?

radiator

Yes - he appears in the stories Interlude: Mega-City One and The Talented Mayo Ambrose.

SmallBlueThing

It's alright Alski, that was my first thought about the firing of the lawgiver too. I was already ten lines into a 'dear tharg, why-oh-why-why-oh...' letter, when i went back for another look. Panel should have been bigger, is my opinion. And i think that's the very first time ive ever had an issue with a single thing d'israeli has drawn.

SBT

COMMANDO FORCES

I downloaded that track and was slightly underwhelmed to say the least. Let's hope the album is better when I listen to it in one continuous go!

strontium71

Quote from: radiator on 28 March, 2012, 02:51:12 PM
Yes - he appears in the stories Interlude: Mega-City One and The Talented Mayo Ambrose.

Is that the episode where he comes with a side helping of salad?
...because I hate you.

Pioneer

Mix him with ketchup you get council estate Mary Rose sauce

staticgirl

As a straight thriller at the moment Snapshot seems a bit out of place in the Meg but it was good all the same. It is very uncompressed though. Is it going to take forever to show any movement in the plot?

I LOVE Strange and Darke. It is so up my street it lives in my house.

I liked Tales from the Black Museum too. The art was predictably cool and the story was nice and dark.

I didn't get interested in the Dredd story although I felt a twinge of regret when the Transexual criminal got his/her just deserts as I quite liked him/her...

I didn't realise Steve Parkhouse had been working since the 60s. He seems to have had a bit of a difficult career at times. I seem to have missed most of the stories he drew - I only remember Big Dave and I remember thinking that if that story had been in its own comic it would probably had had massive cult status but 2000AD was full of edgy prankish post-modern media aware stuff at the time and it just seemed like it was shouting to be heard. Great art though.

maryanddavid

Snapshot, loved it, lovely art and a snappy fast paced story, looking forward to more.

Strange and, I didnt read last months yet, for no particular reason, so I have to catch up.

Dredd, fine, but a bit of a filler feel. I think if that if thar story was in the prog it would have been done over one week. Id love the Meg stories to have a purpose or theme. Like to explore early Dredd world, or have a look at his time on Luna one, just something rather than a series of OK Dredds.

Tales was fine, I did get a bit lost in the middle, I found some of the panels confusing but OK overall the art itself lifting the story.

The Parkhouse feature was good, and I didnt read the Film review, I rarely do.

I read the floppy too, I usually dont read the floppy until I have nothing to read, and its great stupid fun. The art is stunning pre computer Carlos art, that gives it 5 out of 10, 5 out of 10 isint bad for  early 90s 2000ad! Janus was ok again the art making it readable.

David

Daveycandlish

Thoroughly enjoyed this issue - much better now that AR has finished, although Snapshot seemed a sparse plot for such a page count, it is much better than the previous incumbent of the creator owned space.

For me the highlight of the issue was the interview with Steve Parkhouse. One of my all time favourite artists and someone we just don't see enough of these days. His Resident Alien strip is by far the best thing in Dark Horse Presents... and I'm looking forward to seeing it as a standalone comic
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Mikey

A word about Purgatory - yes, it's pants story wise, but man alive that Ezquerra fella can draw. The art is on fire and manages to raise this one trick pony to readable.

Good to see Jock and Diggle back at the house of Tharg, but this first episode didn't set me thrill circuits aglow, I think my expectations were maybe a bit high. But I have plenty of faith that it'll grow and am looking forward to it. I think the creator owned slot has been great and long may it continue.

The Black Museum tale was a wee cracker but Strange and Darke hasn't gelled with me for some reason.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Zarjazzer

freebie utter rubbish.

That said okay prog Dredd fine, newby tale Snapshot has only just got going so too early to really tell, Black Museum was okay if hardly "horrifying", Strange and Darke still the best in Meg.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

A.Cow

Quote from: Proudhuff on 28 March, 2012, 10:48:52 AM
Snapshot: I love Diggle and Jock's work especially together,but shirley a bit pish ripping at 3 or 4 panels a page? this whole thing could have been done in 3 pages of seven panels.

From the size of the lettering I suspect that this was written for printing in US smaller format comic books.