Main Menu

Rebellion Teases three mysterious images, "They Are Coming", and a date 5.2.12

Started by The Adventurer, 04 April, 2012, 09:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

Whatever it is, if it is 2000ad related then why isn't it being mentioned here in an official capacity?
Lock up your spoons!

The Adventurer

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 05 April, 2012, 10:00:10 PM
Whatever it is, if it is 2000ad related then why isn't it being mentioned here in an official capacity?

Maybe their trying to make inroads into a North American comics outside the 2000 AD framework? Doesn't seem likey, but with the Dredd film anything is possible in terms of promotion outlets.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

JOE SOAP

It may not be one series of characters or character but three different properties getting their own releases, if it is comics.

Molch-R

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 05 April, 2012, 10:00:10 PM

So unless it's mentioned here it's not 'official'?

radiator

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: radiator on 05 April, 2012, 10:47:05 PM
The return of Thargs 3rillers?

3illers?
Three illers?

REBELLION HAVE STARTED A MUSIC LABEL AND SIGNED THE BEASTIE BOYS TO MAKE A 2000 AD CONCEPT ALBUM CALLED LICENSE TO (THR)ILL
You may quote me on that.

JOE SOAP

Molch-R

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 05 April, 2012, 10:56:24 PM
Quote from: Molch-R on 05 April, 2012, 10:44:08 PM

So unless it's mentioned here it's not 'official'?

It's valid to ask if it's 2000AD related?

Totally. Doesn't mean you'll get an answer though, and not being on here doesn't *necessarily* mean it's not 2000 AD. But it could be. Or maybe not.

#possiblyenjoyingthis

Cthulouis

Hang on, I'm confused.

This thread *is* on here, right? Otherwise, how would we be having this conversation?

CrazyFoxMachine

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Cthulouis on 05 April, 2012, 11:11:16 PM
Hang on, I'm confused.

This thread *is* on here, right? Otherwise, how would we be having this conversation?

It's wasn't officially announced here, on the front page -or on the announcement thread- by the the PR dept so it's up in the air as to what it relates to. It was announced on CBM.

Cthulouis

And yet it is here on the news thread, on the official Rebellion/2000ad site.

I must admit, I must admit, I've never been entierly sure why this place needs a news *and* an announcement section. Are announcements not just a way of telling people news?

I seem to recall the IDW news broke elsewhere first as well; the internet is hardly an easy thing to co-ordinate, especially across time zones, so I don't see a less-than-a-day time delay as any sign that Tharg's droids are neglecting this site as an official platform for news.

Molch-R

Though it *was* linked to on the official 2000 AD Facebook page and Twitter account. Hmmm, the plot thickens....

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Cthulouis on 05 April, 2012, 11:31:08 PM
And yet it is here on the news thread, on the official Rebellion/2000ad site.

because the thread was posted by a member who saw it on CBM.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Cthulouis on 05 April, 2012, 11:31:08 PM

I seem to recall the IDW news broke elsewhere first as well; the internet is hardly an easy thing to co-ordinate, especially across time zones, so I don't see a less-than-a-day time delay as any sign that Tharg's droids are neglecting this site as an official platform for news.

because IDW announced it at one of the cons and it was more or less simultaneously announced by the PR staff -Molcher- on this board so there's no neglect. The Rebellion announcement is different as it seems aimed at the US and may not be directly releated to 2000AD.