Main Menu

Things you have never done...and probably won't.

Started by strontium71, 06 April, 2012, 07:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 13 April, 2012, 01:28:08 AM
Stop arguing fellas. We all know that neither of you will ever do the greatest thing anyone can do: Not be Irish.

It's stil not greater than Fassbender's Wang.

Cyberleader2000

o this is easey I will never have a drink at a pub
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

Professor Bear

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 13 April, 2012, 01:25:38 AM
Quote from: Professah Byah on 13 April, 2012, 01:22:14 AM
For all the alternatives to punk, metal or rock you could be playing in the pubs around here, I may as well have bought a fuckin' accordion.  And a monkey to go with it.

but could you play it or just smush with sausage fingers?

The Monkey is there to do Riverdance in a green bowler hat as a distraction from the fact I don't play the accordion at all, and merely keep rhythm while barely sober.

Aonghus

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 12 April, 2012, 11:46:24 PM
I played guitar for 13 years when I picked the bass up, it was easy to play simple stuff all right but to actually play properly, in a group, it's a different story. People depend on you more -no stopping and starting and winging it like the guitar- it requires more finger muscle and more of an understanding of what really fits, in a subtractive rather than additive way.

Guitar players who pick-up the bass tend to over-play at first.

Fair enough! I found bass more to my temperament, i think, which may be why I found it easier. (And I found people depending on me in a group less stressful than needing to pull of complicated guitar solos :P) Having said all this, I've often said that there are no 'easy' and 'hard' instruments, just differrent instruments.

French horn, anyone?

strontium71

...because I hate you.

SuperSurfer

In defence of bass players: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrTS7b028A8

and getting back on topic: used a microwave oven

JamesC

I've never seen an elephant fly.

I have, however, seen a peanut stand and heard a rubber band.

Professor Bear

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person in the history of the world who took up bass to score via a bare minimum of effort, though I am apparently the only one who will admit it.

SpetsnaZ99

Get Trackmania Nations to run on my Mac (god damn you Wineskin)
You ever notice that everyone who believes in creationism looks really unevolved? Eyes real close together, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day." Yeah, looks like he rushed it.

Aonghus

Quote from: Professah Byah on 13 April, 2012, 01:12:43 PM
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person in the history of the world who took up bass to score via a bare minimum of effort, though I am apparently the only one who will admit it.

Or maybe you're just the only one on the board? :P

I've never had a dangerwank.

Emperor

Quote from: Professah Byah on 13 April, 2012, 01:12:43 PM

Oh I'm sure. However, as the above discussion demonstrates even though it is easy to learn (and difficult to master - two very different things) that is still above the competency levels of quite a few of us :(
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Professor Bear

Ridicule is the only language the bass player knows, Emperor.  You're just confusing them.

SpetsnaZ99

I think Emperor should start a new thread titled "Things we've done... but wished we hadn't"
You ever notice that everyone who believes in creationism looks really unevolved? Eyes real close together, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day." Yeah, looks like he rushed it.

vzzbux

Quote from: SpetsnaZ99 on 13 April, 2012, 04:01:31 PM
I think Emperor should start a new thread titled "Things we've done... but wished we hadn't"
No lets just leave that topic alone. Please.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.