Main Menu

Things you've done that no one else here has

Started by Emperor, 09 April, 2012, 02:38:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Something Fishy on 15 April, 2012, 10:19:01 AM
I hadn't realised you had done a DD and gone to SE Asia.

Was that for work?

Not really, just wanted to see the world before I got too old. That said, I'll have to find work in a month or so, the cash isn't stretching quite as far as I thought it would!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JayzusB.Christ

But at least I got to realise my ambition of becoming one of the bad guys from Mad Max 2.  (And before you say anything, I'm only trying to explain how to work the camera.)

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JayzusB.Christ

Something Fishy

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 15 April, 2012, 04:30:29 PM
Quote from: Something Fishy on 15 April, 2012, 10:19:01 AM
I hadn't realised you had done a DD and gone to SE Asia.

Was that for work?

Not really, just wanted to see the world before I got too old. That said, I'll have to find work in a month or so, the cash isn't stretching quite as far as I thought it would!

Gottya.  Sounds great.  Sometimes wish I'd done something like that but no regrets, still happy and been able to travel a lot more than any of my family before me.

JayzusB.Christ

True, sometimes we don't realise that people before us have toiled, suffered and died so that we can have a fine life filled with loads of options.  To be fair I was very happy at home, I had a nice life and an enjoyable job, but if I hadn't got this out of my system I would always have regretted it.  I do feel more than a bit homesick sometimes, and even a bit guilty - it's very odd not having to get up for work in the mornings; my mind just hasn't wrapped itself round all this freedom yet.  But it's a good opportunity to do a bit of writing, which I like more than anything else, and making preparations for the future.

GordyM

Check out my new comic Supermom: Expecting Trouble and see how a pregnant superhero tries to deal with the fact that the baby's father is her archnemesis. Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986rnlgk0itfz/Supermom_Preview_Pack.pdf/file

Emperor

Quote from: GordyM on 17 April, 2012, 03:40:34 PM
Pissed on a church.

I've pissed on a church and tombstones. I've not pissed in a church though.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

TordelBack

Pissed in 'em, shagged in 'em, dug 'em up, knocked 'em down. 

Do hope I'm right on this whole atheist thing.

Dandontdare

TordelBack

Dandontdare

can't see that as I'm at work

the one I pissed on was a huge sculpture in Daly Plaza Chicago, following  my mate's 'Blues Brothers Tour' of all the landmarks imn the film.

brendan1

Quote from: Emperor on 17 April, 2012, 04:17:01 PM
Pissed on a church.

I have. It has a toilet in it for that very purpose.

TordelBack

Bah!  Chicago sheet-metal street installation.  Very cool, but vaguely urinally.

Emperor

Quote from: brendan1 on 17 April, 2012, 04:28:17 PM
Quote from: Emperor on 17 April, 2012, 04:17:01 PM
Pissed on a church.

I have. It has a toilet in it for that very purpose.

Methinks you've confused the confessional with something else....
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

TordelBack

Quote from: Dandontdare on 17 April, 2012, 04:26:17 PM
the one I pissed on was a huge sculpture in Daly Plaza Chicago, following  my mate's 'Blues Brothers Tour' of all the landmarks imn the film.

Hurrah, I was right!  Whaddid I win, huh, whaddid I win?