Main Menu

[Board Game] OGRE 6th Edition Kickstarter campaign

Started by The Adventurer, 13 April, 2012, 11:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Adventurer

So Steve Jackson Games has been planning a new edition of OGRE for a while, but a few days ago they started a Kickstarter campaign to build up preorders and better gage demand.

Since it went live they met their $20k goal in less then an hour and are now sitting at $125k a little more then a day latter.

I've no prior experiance with the game, but I'm inclined to throw my $100 in the rite based on the shear enthusiasm. I'm curious if there are any fans of the game here, as the game premise has a very 2000 AD feel to it (future giant tank warfare in a post-apoc future). Currently there is no overseas shipping options via Kickstarter (they are working on that problem).

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

DoomBot

Wow ogre.

Still got the original game and the sequel GEV. It was a classic back in the 80's that put serious (ish) board wargaming in a pocket sized format. I played it quite a lot but I wouldn't pay for a new edition. It was of its time. Move on.....

That said having looked at the proposal it is kind of exciting......

DrJomster

It's a classic of its day. Glad to see it doing so well on the Kickstarter! :)
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

von Boom

I've been waiting for a new edition for yonks. I can't wait to get my hands on this again.

JvB

Mr.Fastrope

my friend is playing this game, i don't know how it looks like