Main Menu

Prog FCBD 2012

Started by BPP, 04 May, 2012, 11:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BPP

hurrah, non-subby bags a thread on behalf of mid-week readers everywhere!

FCBD Prog just landed (thanks to the link provided by this very forum) and its a doozy.

COVER Dredd, Zombo & Icabod in fab Jock-o-vision. supersweet.

Dredd - 4 page exclusive of Wagner & Rufus with Dredd's world introduced via a QnA with a TV host as Dredd tracks down some drug pushers. Rufus' art gives a really solid meaty McMahon/Flint Dredd and more Tank Girl style toony cits. a few of them have a touch of the Brett Ewins styling which is fab. Its a great combo and perfect for the tone of the piece. He really nails Dredd every time. Great to see him drawing for 2000ad again. Wagner indulges the fanboys a nice reference at the end of the strip after what otherwise is clearly, and beautifully, written for the new reader.

Icabod Azrael Opening chapter of BK I, as beautiful and glorious as ever.

Zombo The Day The Law Died Pt 1. Seemed a bit odd as Zombo himself doesn't feature.

Robusters Alan Moore & Steve Dillon's classic Bax The Burner tale. Effective and emotive although to me seems very dated. Maybe just because I can remember it from publication. Wonder how it plays to a new reader.

FS - Whatever happened to the Green Pedestrian Palm? Chris Weston's beautiful tale from recent times. They could print this every year and i'd not tire of it. The Dave Gibbons painting makes me smile each time.

back cover THAT  Chris Weston 'after Brian Bolland' piece from this year, free of obscuring type. beautiful.

also - fantastic funny PYE advert in a Hitch-hikers Guide humour style. Deserves to be in the Prog 'proper' one of these days.

a fabulous collection, lets hope it converts a few hundred thousand to the cause.

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

radiator

Ooh, I want that Dredd! If anyone could grab me a copy - moving house tomorrow so no time for comic shops - I can bung a couple of quid for your trouble.

COMMANDO FORCES

How kind am I not to start this thread a month ago when my many copies entered the cellar  ;)

WhitBloke

It appears I'm not alone in missing out on this read and an idea has occurred to me... and I hope somebody with a spare copy of the FCBD Prog might be willing to play along.

There are only so many of these spare FCBD Progs about and, I'm guessing, more people missing out on otherwise reading it when they can't grab a copy for themselves.
Would somebody with a spare copy - or one they wouldn't mind not having in their collection for a short time - be willing to post it out round-robin style?  Somebody not otherwise getting to read it getting it, posting it to the next one, who posts it to the next one, who then posts it back to the kindly Squaxx who sends it out in the first place?

Might be a KTT in it...  and most certainly a pint, I'm sure.

Alternatively, would anybody still have a spare copy they would be willing to trade in for some galactic groats or a similar donation to a charity of their choice?

(Hope the house move goes smoothly, Radiator.)
So this is der place then, Johnny?

Pioneer

@Radiator - I'm hitting a participating comic store tomorrow so I'll try pick you one up, will let you know how I get on.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Don't forget to get me a copy as well please!!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

COMMANDO FORCES

I would give people free copies but all my spare copies have been sent out to people who asked or given to people in person. Do not worry SBT yours will be hand delivered in the middle of the night when I get a run down your town  ;)

COMMANDO FORCES

Here it is in the flesh (image idea stolen from Pete Wells)  :o

SmallBlueThing

CF, you're a big cuddly darling, and i thank you. I'll set my letterbox alarm then, shall i?

SBT

TordelBack

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 04 May, 2012, 08:18:07 PM
I'll set my letterbox alarm then, shall i?

-prays that this isn't a euphemism-

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm in the office tonight but I predict a run down your place next week. There are a few other wee bits in the bag for your lads as well. I'll see what else is in the shop tomorrow for them  ;)

WhizzBang

I genuinely do not undertstand what this thread is about- What is FCBD?

SmallBlueThing

Oh yeah, cf, if you have spare hands and the inclination, grab absolutely anything- Bela especially, having finally mastered reading, is devouring comics at the moment- anything marvel, dc or videogame related. And again, huge thanks.

SBT

a chosen rider

Quote from: WhizzBang on 04 May, 2012, 08:33:39 PMI genuinely do not undertstand what this thread is about- What is FCBD?

Free Comic Book Day.  (Which is actually tomorrow.)  Participating comic shops have a selection of comics available to give out as free samples, and this year there's going to be a 2000 AD one, mostly reprints but with a brand new Dredd strip.
On Twitter @devilsfootsteps

Emperor

if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+