Main Menu

Judge Dredd toaster

Started by Emperor, 15 May, 2012, 04:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

It might be the stupidest bit of merchandising I've heard off in a while but now it is out there it'd be a crime not to have a Dredd one (I'm sure I can think of at least one person who'd buy one...):

QuoteDynamic Forces is to produce toasters featuring Warner Bros imagery, including the likes of Watchmen, The Wizard of Oz, A Christmas Story, Where the Wild Things Are, The Goonies, Gremlins, Little Shop of Horrors, Watchmen, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Mad Magazine, Friends and the like.

The toasters will burn related imagery onto the bread as it cooks.

www.bleedingcool.com/2012/05/15/who-watches-the-watchmen-toaster/
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

SmallBlueThing

On the subject of toast, could someone tell me why a slice of brown bread has 89 calories, but the same slice toasted has 98? As someone who is required to count calories as part of his daily job, i find this perplexing and annoying in equal measure.

And yes, a dredd toaster would be great, as would a jesus one. I can think of at least one person id be able to sell the resultant bready-messiah to, for many quids.

SBT

COMMANDO FORCES

Roger Godpleton

I think we should toast Emperor form cravenly kowtowing to Rebellion's insane demands that the site be taken down even though he is supposed to be impartial because he is an admin. And also House of Usher who un-egged him on. And by toast I mean "set on fire".
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Satanist

But you already get wee plastic templates you push onto the bread prior to toasting that do the same? That way you are not stuck with the same image forever and its much more cost effective. Ive got I mean my kids have spiderman, spongebob & scooby doo.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Trout

Quote from: Satanist on 15 May, 2012, 05:33:16 PM
But you already get wee plastic templates you push onto the bread prior to toasting that do the same? That way you are not stuck with the same image forever and its much more cost effective. Ive got I mean my kids have spiderman, spongebob & scooby doo.

That's what I thought of. I like that sort of thing. I wonder if I could make a Dredd one somehow.

Misanthrope

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 15 May, 2012, 04:44:44 PM
On the subject of toast, could someone tell me why a slice of brown bread has 89 calories, but the same slice toasted has 98? As someone who is required to count calories as part of his daily job, i find this perplexing and annoying in equal measure.

Isn't something to do with the bread caramelizing?
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: Misanthrope on 15 May, 2012, 09:20:26 PM

Isn't something to do with the bread caramelizing?

I don't know. Now I'm on a laptop with proper internet, I could look it up I suppose. But I'd rather faff on here. It could be, I suppose. Does bread caramelize then?

SBT

TordelBack

Presumably whatever sugars are in the bread prior to toasting are still there. The calorific value can't be increased just through heating, surely?  Is it because they become more easily digested (in the way of cooked food), and thus more efficiently consumed, hence a 12% higher calorific value?

JOE SOAP

Calories are a measure of the amount of energy you get from digesting something not a unit of actual matter. It takes less energy to digest toast which means you get more energy (calories) for you to burn up through exercise.

Roger Godpleton

Actually it's because calories are a measure of how tasty something is.

JOE SOAP

Only in Scotland, which is more likely to break off and fall into the ocean under the immense unburnt extra calorie count rather than via the result of any referenda.

TordelBack

I hear deep-frying seldom results in burning.

exilewood

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 15 May, 2012, 11:08:25 PM
Actually it's because calories are a measure of how tasty something is.

I had thought of a quite obscene response to this; but then thought better of it.

Roger Godpleton

When I'm in charge I will burn all of Oirland's calories, to be shure.