Main Menu

Notice.

Started by Roger Godpleton, 20 May, 2012, 02:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.I.K.

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 20 May, 2012, 06:08:53 PM
I was sent to buy bin bags and this time I bought beer.
Sounds like a scenario from Sesame Street.

This leads me to believe Roger may be a Jim Henson creation gone rogue - possibly the one responsible for those dodgy statues in the background in Labyrinth.

Quote from: TordelBack on 20 May, 2012, 04:59:26 PM
Who is really pulling the strings?  Or what?

No strings. Worked from underneath. With rods.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: M.I.K. on 20 May, 2012, 06:41:17 PM
...Roger may be a Jim Henson creation gone rogue - possibly the one responsible for those dodgy statues in the background in Labyrinth.

Roger yesterday, wondering why Neil Buchanan won't return his calls...

@jamesfeistdraws

Frank

Quote from: TordelBack on 20 May, 2012, 04:59:26 PM
What we have here ladies and ladyboys is the testimony of an unreliable narrator.  A cursory analysis reveals gaping holes* in this account. Are we expected to believe anyone would leave the house to voluntarily go to a Costa Coffee, let alone that it would take more than twice as long as the original projection?  What happened during those missing 55 minutes?  Why did it put Roger off the very idea of alcohol?  Who is really pulling the strings?  Or what?

Tordelback; you've taken a rudimentary communication, clearly written with a view to being explicable to someone with the reading ability of a drooling toddler, and subjected it to the kind of analysis normally reserved for Modernist verse. Have you been reading Colin Smith's blog again?

Unreliable Narrator? Pffst! The last time that school of criticism was fashionable, the miners were on strike. Round our way it's all Post-colonialism and applying the tenets of New Historicism to produce new readings of Paddington. I do like the prosody of Roger's bin bags distich verse, though. The use of alliteration reminded me of The Gawain Poet.

Roger Godpleton

I made a drooling toddler with your moo.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Satanist

Next time you go please buy me - 20 cigs, fag papers, beer, condoms & copy of chix with dicks!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Large48

I'm glad you got me bin bags for the boody parts.

:D
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Frank

Roger Godpleton

I meant to say mom. I guess I made a mistake. Your mom made a lot of mistakes when she was younger.

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Roger Godpleton

It's the local art supplies shop.

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 20 May, 2012, 09:02:49 PM
It's the local art supplies shop.
Can't they just use Manga Studio like everyone else.
We never really die.

JayzusB.Christ

QuoteYour mom needs my log.

He's the Scatman.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

SpetsnaZ99

Quote from: TordelBack on 20 May, 2012, 04:10:01 PM
Look, it's not that we mind, it's just that when you know you're going to be late back we'd appreciate an update.  We don't know who you might meet, what kind of shops you're going to, nothing.  And here we are, sitting by our computers as the minutes tick by, just imagining.

Anyway, you're home safe now and that's all that matters.  We'll say no more about it.

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 20 May, 2012, 04:54:41 PM
Your mom needs my log.

Roger needs to 'Log in' more often
You ever notice that everyone who believes in creationism looks really unevolved? Eyes real close together, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day." Yeah, looks like he rushed it.