Main Menu

Driller Killer, with art by George Coleman

Started by Trout, 04 June, 2012, 08:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

Haud on the noo...

I'm reading Case Files 15 (progs 700 to 735) and the art on Driller Killer, from Prog 721, is by one George Coleman.

Is that our very own Dode-C? Proudhuff, we simply must know! Have I been in the presence of greatness? I didn't realise he'd drawn a Dredd.

Barney gives it as said Mr Coleman's only 2000AD credit.
http://www.sex-drugs-rock-roll-thefilm.com/?zone=droid&page=profiles&choice=GEORGEC

We need Dode in the prog!

- Trout

Bolt-01

It really is the Dode himself.  Cool, eh?

Trout

Extremely!

I feel very ashamed that I didn't know. That said, his style has developed beyond what I'm seeing here. His stuff was good way back then, but it's great now.

THARG, LOOK HERE: http://thedodecscrawls.blogspot.co.uk/

:)

Emperor

I believe it was my story in FutureQuake that saw his return to comics after so long in the wilderness, where he really did raise his game:

http://comicbookdb.com/creator_chron.php?ID=19314

I can't see any reason why he isn't destined for big things.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

CrazyFoxMachine

I FCKING LOVE GEORGE COLEMAN.

He's doing something for The Psychedelic Journal eeeeeeeeeee

The Enigmatic Dr X

He still gives good Dredd, does George.

(Colouring in by oor own Crazy Fox)

Although the Five Green Stars in his profile is kindofa give away, Trout. You'd fail the Krypton Factor observation test.

And fitness test.
Lock up your spoons!

Trout

Proudhuff

yes tis him, I think he has mixed feelings about that gig, but no doubt will comment here in due course
DDT did a job on me

Satanist

Wait I've met him as well and didnae know this.

A good guy, good artist and drawn Dredd eh, I fuckin hate im!

;)
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

COMMANDO FORCES

Dode C

Indeed I was the one responsible for the art on Driller Killer, hence Bolt's description of me as a ''reconditioned art droid'' when I had the honour of illustrating Emperor's story for FQ. I think there's another thread on here somewhere in which I'm listed as one of the four worst Dredd artists ever to (dis)grace the prog - well, it's recognition of a sort!

Trout

TordelBack

Quote from: Dode C on 06 June, 2012, 11:13:02 PMI think there's another thread on here somewhere in which I'm listed as one of the four worst Dredd artists ever to (dis)grace the prog - well, it's recognition of a sort!

Brilliant! :D  What a nice bunch we are here.  Simon Coleby, Mick McMahon and John Hicklenton were probably on that list at one time too... 

Proudhuff

I had a quick deek at CF15 and I think Driller has stood the test of time, there has been a lot, lot worse over the years. The colour is better in the Files too which helps, was this from the Prog's muddy years?

I think George can hold his head up high especially after the glowing review Cam Kennedy gave his Rogue Trooper!
DDT did a job on me

Albion

Here's some more Dode C awesomeness, the Rogue he did for me at Hi-Ex.

Thanks again Mr C.

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.