Main Menu

DREDD Trailer!!!

Started by Rex The Runt, 18 June, 2012, 06:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danbo

Quote from: chuffsteruk on 21 June, 2012, 05:08:40 PM
Oh christ, I made the mistake of checking the last bit of someone being thrown out of a window frame by frame.

MASSIVE SPOILER, I think  :'(

Don't do it folks!!
Yeah me too  ::)    got to be a red herring,lands in a net or something? can't be that dumb to put it in a trailer after all the secrecy?  the fact though that Dredd just coldly throws a [spoiler]woman[/spoiler] out is cool,. This Dredd is a mean bastard.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Professah Byah on 21 June, 2012, 05:06:25 PM

But it still means sitting through slow motion, which I'm not enthusiastic about.
The clip of Dredd running like the clappers in regular motion looked good, mind.  I may also be one of the few who like the lo-fi aesthetic of the Meg - it's very Robocop.  Looks like an essential Blu-ray purchase for me, though I'll probably give the cinema outing a miss.

The slo-mo thing may have something a bit more abstract than being just slow though; seeing the light refractions and vivid colours using screen-depth is visually interesting rather that it just being a lesser version of time-slicing. Dod Mantle did something similar in Antichrist.

I too also prefer the lo-fi/pot-pourri of design and tech in this version of Dredd than the typical spanking Metropolis future thing.

Noisybast

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Dirty Sanchez

Peach Trees Block still uses IPv4 subnet masking, for anyone who's interested!

Pete Wells

Right where can I download this in 1080p?

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 21 June, 2012, 05:32:52 PM
Quote from: Professah Byah on 21 June, 2012, 05:06:25 PM

But it still means sitting through slow motion, which I'm not enthusiastic about.
The clip of Dredd running like the clappers in regular motion looked good, mind.  I may also be one of the few who like the lo-fi aesthetic of the Meg - it's very Robocop.  Looks like an essential Blu-ray purchase for me, though I'll probably give the cinema outing a miss.

The slo-mo thing may have something a bit more abstract than being just slow though; seeing the light refractions and vivid colours using screen-depth is visually interesting rather that it just being a lesser version of time-slicing. Dod Mantle did something similar in Antichrist.

I too also prefer the lo-fi/pot-pourri of design and tech in this version of Dredd than the typical spanking Metropolis future thing.

It could taken as this is recent MC-1 after the Atomic Wars. The way the cityblocks are dispersed through it could give leverage to that fact and should a sequel be made (fingers crossed) the more spiraling, frenetic landscape and tones of MC-1 could be deployed.
Never rub another mans rhubarb

James Stacey

One complaint ... It's a bit teal and orange.. Innit

radiator

It is, yeah.

They sometimes beef up the grading on trailers though.

PsychoGoatee

Beautiful. Just beautiful. :D This movie is gonna be one helluva ride.

Dirty Sanchez

Quote from: Pete Wells on 21 June, 2012, 05:36:49 PM

http://keepvid.com

Pop the YouTube video URL in the box and pick which quality version you want

Buddy

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 21 June, 2012, 05:29:44 PM
Oh christ, I made the mistake of checking the last bit of someone being thrown out of a window frame by frame.

Don't do it folks!!
Yeah me too  ::)    got to be a red herring,lands in a net or something? can't be that dumb to put it in a trailer after all the secrecy?  the fact though that Dredd just coldly throws a [spoiler]woman[/spoiler] out is cool,. This Dredd is a mean bastard.

Was just gonna say the same thing.... [spoiler]I think it shows the end of the film there![/spoiler]

Pete Wells

Quote from: Dirty Sanchez on 21 June, 2012, 05:41:54 PM
Quote from: Pete Wells on 21 June, 2012, 05:36:49 PM

http://keepvid.com

Pop the YouTube video URL in the box and pick which quality version you want

Cheers Dirty!

Danbo

Quote from: Buddy on 21 June, 2012, 05:42:18 PM
Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 21 June, 2012, 05:29:44 PM

Don't do it folks!!

Was just gonna say the same thing.... [spoiler]I think it shows the end of the film there![/spoiler]
Upon closer inspection [spoiler]there is a guy earlier on sat at a computer desk,back to camera,he has long hair(think he was Ron Weaslys big bro in Harry Potter) anyway,could be him?[/spoiler]
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Strontium Claw

LOVED IT!!!!

Ignore the haters and know-nothings, after all these years we're finally getting a proper Judge Dredd movie!   :)
Is it perfect? No. But I'm more than willing to ignore any minor flaws because the film makers appear to have got so much right.

I mean...  is that a batglider I see before me?!!!     :o

golledge100

I've just played this through my 3d tv and clicked on the 2d-3d conversion. It looks simply ARSOM! Can't remember being as excited about a Trailer before.