Main Menu

Forum of the future!...?

Started by w3bz, 26 June, 2012, 04:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

I love change. BURN IT ALL DOWN.

The Adventurer

I never use Active Topics (and in fact dislike using it). I just like browsing the various Forum sections at my leisure. Will I still be able to do that on the new forum?

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Trout on 26 June, 2012, 07:50:30 PM
I love change. BURN IT ALL DOWN.

Just to be clear, I'm saying it first: the day this happens is the board's very own DAY OF CHAOS!
Lock up your spoons!

Roger Godpleton

Quote from: The Adventurer on 26 June, 2012, 07:50:55 PM
I never use Active Topics (and in fact dislike using it). I just like browsing the various Forum sections at my leisure. Will I still be able to do that on the new forum?

Not on my watch.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Trout

This is a great opportunity to make Roger a mod.

w3bz

Quote from: The Adventurer on 26 June, 2012, 07:50:55 PM

I'm not sure of all the finals yet, but yeah you get to choose what your homepage is at any rate and how it displays categories and posts to you.

Buttonman

DrJomster

Quote from: Pete Wells on 26 June, 2012, 07:21:23 PM
Ha ha!

Thanks for allyer hard work W3bz!

Seconded! Well done that droid!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Truly, we live in a wondrous age
You may quote me on that.

Emperor

Quote from: Buttonman on 26 June, 2012, 08:18:22 PM
Quote from: w3bz on 26 June, 2012, 08:02:03 PM
redundant posts

Uh-oh - is that not all of them?

Is there such a thing as a redundant thread on here? It's all gold I tell you.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

w3bz

Quote from: Emperor on 26 June, 2012, 09:31:53 PM
Quote from: Buttonman on 26 June, 2012, 08:18:22 PM
Quote from: w3bz on 26 June, 2012, 08:02:03 PM
redundant posts

Uh-oh - is that not all of them?

Is there such a thing as a redundant thread on here? It's all gold I tell you.

Well I was talking posts lost in the void with no thread tie-ins or the general malingering chaos that is "spam" ...but now that you come to mention it...  ;)

SmallBlueThing

Have we still got to use a monitor, like it's bloody two thousand and bloody five and batter our fingertips on a keyboard? Or is the Board finally going to enter the space age and pump it all straight into my brain, like it should?

SBT

Zarjazzer

Is this new "alleged" web site really a convoluted plot to summon cosmic horrors from beyond space time? It would be fun if it was.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Jared Katooie

Can we have a black background with white text? It's so much easier on the eyes.

Also I'd like red links like in the good old days. They lit up when you hovered over them! The dark blue ones we have now blend in too much with the black text.

Also, can we have the option to see how many people are ignoring you? I know a lot of people whined about this feature, but I don't see any harm in having it as an option. Just so people can keep track of whether they are proving unpopular.

Also, I'd like if we could have the Something Awful smileys as the current set aren't great. I know a lot of people whine about smileys, but if we're going to have them then we might as well go all out.

I expect none of these things can be done but at least I don't have to keep all these feelings bottled up inside me any longer.

Also, like, thanks for the hard work and all that, man.