Main Menu

Portal 2 Co-Op

Started by Cyberleader2000, 27 June, 2012, 11:52:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyberleader2000

ok so ive been on a portal marathon I played and finished the first game last month and today day I finished the second game so I went to play the mulity player but im stuck as I have no one online to Co-Op with. Does any one have the second game on PS3 and would be willing to help me out so I can finish my trophy list.
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Cyberleader2000

Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

bluemeanie

I have it but I'm a pc gamer (and occasional drunk on the wii one) unfortunately

Have had a quick go on the multi player levels with a mate. They're HARD. Or we're stupid. Probably the latter

Cyberleader2000

Quote from: bluemeanie on 28 June, 2012, 03:31:36 PM
I have it but I'm a pc gamer (and occasional drunk on the wii one) unfortunately

Have had a quick go on the multi player levels with a mate. They're HARD. Or we're stupid. Probably the latter

the co-op ones are harder because you have to work with outhere

well I gess it was worth asking.
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

Rog69

Doesn't Portal 2 have cross platform play between PC and PS3?

I finished the coop levels ages ago, it helps enormously if you have access to teamspeak or some other kind of voice comms.

Cyberleader2000

Quote from: Rog69 on 28 June, 2012, 08:04:59 PM
Doesn't Portal 2 have cross platform play between PC and PS3?

I finished the coop levels ages ago, it helps enormously if you have access to teamspeak or some other kind of voice comms.

I dont know but the multi player works thro steam insted of the PlayStation network wethere any one elses know would be interesting.
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

jackstarr

I'm on PC but haven't done the co-op thing yet...would be happy to try co-op with you if it works!

Cyberleader2000

justs checked google and it says it shoud work thro im not shure how to link the systems for co-op i think you might have to be registered in my friend list on steam
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

jackstarr

Are you Cyberleader2000 on Steam as well?  Just want to check before I add that user to my friends...

My steam username is jackstarr.

Dark Jimbo

It's possible (though not easy) to complete Co-op on your own - I've done it on XBox, for the achievement. Sat there with two controllers, flipping between them as needed; once or twice I nearly came unstuck when you get to one of those 'run through the portal and press the button at the same time' type-bits, and you end up having to perform the same action on two controllers simultaneously!

Very challenging but enormously satisfying if you pull it off.
@jamesfeistdraws

Dodsy

Anyone one here care to give me a hand grabbing the "Professor Portal" trophie?

I'm on PS3 and need to complete the forst part of the multi player with someone who hasn't touched the multi-player before.
If someone helps me grab it I'd happly help them get it as well by creating a new PSN account. OK players preferable because it's easier to arrange times.

Cheers people.
Twitter - @dodsy84

Cyberleader2000

Quote from: jackstarr on 05 July, 2012, 11:06:00 AM
Are you Cyberleader2000 on Steam as well?  Just want to check before I add that user to my friends...

My steam username is jackstarr.

yep thats me
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

jackstarr

Ok, I tried to add you as a friend, but it said:
"This user has not yet set up their Steam Community profile.
If you know them encourage him/her to set up their profile and join in on the gaming!"

Have you set up a Steam Community profile?

Do you want to try and add me as a friend on Steam, see if it works for you?

jackstarr

Aha - it now says invitation sent...so when you accept we can arrange to co-op.