Main Menu

RoboCop - Murphy's Law

Started by JOE SOAP, 07 July, 2012, 10:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

He looks like GI-Joe or the powersuit from Crysis.

Mudcrab

Quote from: Borntohula on 09 September, 2012, 09:13:44 AM
This (was at least, they'v removed the "details" now) makes things look a bit brighter. http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/06/robocop-script-gets-a-second-opinion said the transformer part being mostly colour and minor details. The film will expand upon Murphy loosing his humanity step by step. So who knows, may be good. But it's probably best to remain a bit of a sceptic, at least when hearing what  Future of the left's take on it is with their song "Robocop4 Fuck of Robocop :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60COw25TL00

Future of the left - Robocop 4 Fuck off robocop

jaws?
jaws2?
more jaws?
or jaws rebooted?
please - let's take a second to think about a future
state
of love
and bliss
brought to you by
wish lists
of eight year old boys who only crave explosions
why?
well
being eight
they have an excuse -
they are eight!
and giant robots cannot distract them from their fate

middle aged men on a movie date
committed to mortal shame

hey!
relax!
NO-ONE DIED!
in fact- they left improved
if Michael Bay wants a bigger house, let's help him
art?
ha!
where you from?
where you been?
he said -
I went to Cannes once and and really did not have much
fun
why?
well
being French
they talk too much
and all those pages of subtitles kept getting stuck

1 becomes 2, 2 becomes 3
1 becomes 2, 2 becomes 3

pirates of the caribbean 47
johnny depp stars as the robot pirate
who (loses) his wife in a game of poker
and tries to win her back with hilarious consequences
at least Harry Potter has a proper story
in the sense that the characters crave an ending
if (only) to release poor Billy Corgan
from his role as the titular character's nemesis
robocop 4 is in pre-production
like robocop 3 wasn't bad enough
and George Lucas won't be kicking his heels
til he makes some money from Howard the Duck
robocop 4 is in pre-production
like robocop 3 wasn't bad enough
i hope the projectionist likes his action
motion tracked and medicated

Yeah, that sounded almost reasonable until this...

"at least Harry Potter has a proper story
in the sense that the characters crave an ending"

Seriously?  :lol: That's what their lyrics are? :lol: What a bunch of twats. Also, who? :lol:

Incidentally, new Robocop looks crap and I most definitely won't be going to see it. I kow we shouldn't judge on these pre-production things but really. The original Robocop looks like, you know, a robot? That looks like a guy with a stillsuit and a hat.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

vzzbux

Quote from: Goaty on 15 September, 2012, 07:14:32 PM
Fixed it for you, Mr Soap;

He's more machine than man now. Twisted and evil.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Mardroid

I quite liked the look of the new suit* in the design pictures earlier in this thread, but when I look at him in those shots I find the suit* looks... bitty. A in bits, I mean. I am not making a lady-lump milky reference.

I much prefer the original.

Kudos to the creators for trying something else though. I wonder how it will be on screen.

*Well, not suit, as it's supposed to be his body, but well, there's an actor in it. So fair cop. HA! See what I did. Sorry.

Apestrife

Quote from: Mudcrab on 15 September, 2012, 08:57:56 PM

Yeah, that sounded almost reasonable until this...

"at least Harry Potter has a proper story
in the sense that the characters crave an ending"

Seriously?  :lol: That's what their lyrics are? :lol: What a bunch of twats. Also, who? :lol:

Incidentally, new Robocop looks crap and I most definitely won't be going to see it. I kow we shouldn't judge on these pre-production things but really. The original Robocop looks like, you know, a robot? That looks like a guy with a stillsuit and a hat.

Future of the left is lead by the very same Andy Falkous who with his McLusky put out a song called "Lightsaber cocksucking blues". Another song by FotL "Notes on achieving orbit" starts of with the line "Where were you when Russell Brand discovered fire?", almost Bob Dylan class ;)

But about the movie. The four movies José Padilha made before are all real heavy their subjects (Bus 174, a documentary, is so sad it hurts.) so hopefully he'll make a Robocop that feels like if it has a meaning/message or something.

DeFuzzed

I like it.

Looks quite insectoid/reptilian/Predator, quite alien and different enough from Bats and Dredd that I didn't even think about them. More closely resembles those clones in SG1, Rinzler in Tron Legacy - but hyper-bulked up with an exoskeleton. Probably will be Ironman-esque in special effects, which I like in Ironman but hopefully they'll surprise me and go a different but still visually awesome way.

vzzbux

The missus likes it. Says it's much better on the eyes. I have to agree especially after they have tinkered with it for the final cut.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Michaelvk

I like it.. And again, it's out of context with no final effects/grade over it.. We've had this discussion before, kids.. While it's not the iconic look of the Robocop of the 80's, it's also not the 80's any more. I asked Ed Neumeier not to long ago about it (the ONLY perk of having worked on Starship troopers 3) and he seems to be cool with it (even has one of those images up as his facebook cover pic..), and it's really his baby that they're playing with. To be fair, I'm sure he's had his fair share of royalties by now to not necessarily care anymore.. I'm going to sit back and patiently wait until I see proper finished footage before I make up my mind.
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

klute

Quote from: Michaelvk on 17 September, 2012, 01:32:32 AM
I like it.. And again, it's out of context with no final effects/grade over it.. We've had this discussion before, kids.. While it's not the iconic look of the Robocop of the 80's, it's also not the 80's any more. I asked Ed Neumeier not to long ago about it (the ONLY perk of having worked on Starship troopers 3) and he seems to be cool with it (even has one of those images up as his facebook cover pic..), and it's really his baby that they're playing with. To be fair, I'm sure he's had his fair share of royalties by now to not necessarily care anymore.. I'm going to sit back and patiently wait until I see proper finished footage before I make up my mind.

I wonder if they will have the old suit in the new version maybe as a homage???
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

Michaelvk

Quote from: klute on 17 September, 2012, 09:32:41 AM
I wonder if they will have the old suit in the new version maybe as a homage???

Probably in the same way Dredd 3D features the Stallone uniform..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

MR. ELIMINATOR

Not liking the look of that suit at all. They could have at least kept it silver.

Professor Bear

Quote from: Michaelvk on 17 September, 2012, 01:32:32 AMWe've had this discussion before, kids.. While it's not the iconic look of the Robocop of the 80's, it's also not the 80's any more.

Then why are there Red Dawn, Fright Night, The Thing and Robocop movies in theaters?

The new treatment sounds like The Cyborganizer.  And also like that plot done in every sci-fi show ever: "you're too reliant on this new space technology/ultradrug!  It's making you less human!"  Mind you, if every sci-fi show ever has done it, including kids cartoons, then that just proves it works or something.

Goaty

Goaty

RoboCop with his human hand AND the gun...  :-\

J3D1

Hmmmmmm crowd seem pretty shocked at the new suit.
I thought they were CGI in the red visor bit.

Need to see a good pic of that. Could save that visor.