Main Menu

Links to film reviews and reaction posts

Started by a chosen rider, 12 July, 2012, 11:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

Quote from: darnmarr on 16 July, 2012, 05:41:48 PM
-I am so disappointed with you Ms. Thirlby!-  I don't think I'll marry you after all!

Careful, she's psychic you know. Somewhere on the other side  of the pond she's punching the air in disappointment and frustration, right now. :lol:

darnmarr

Quote from: Mardroid on 16 July, 2012, 05:44:56 PM
....somewhere on the other side  of the pond she's punching the air in disappointment and frustration, right now. :lol:
She had her chance: hmmnn I wonder if Lena's available?

darnmarr

Also, if she's truly psychic, she can take comfort in the fact, that while the marraige is off: I will still consider her for a sordid encounter.

norse_sage

Quote from: Dirty Sanchez on 15 July, 2012, 10:39:35 AM
Did Thomas Jane ever have to deal with this shit with the Punisher remake? Thousands of dolts who, instead of spending ten seconds looking it up, have decided to be vocally offended by an attempt at reviving a comic book franchise they know nothing about, based on their inaccurate perception of it as a remake of a 17-year-old film they maybe saw once at Christmas when they were kids.

Yes and no.

No, in the sense that pretty much no one remembered and brought up the previous Lundgren effort, and those that did, were under no illusion that the Lundgren movie was somehow a worthwhile Punisher movie.

Yes, in the sense that he was being compared directly to Frank Castle of the comics - and him being short, ginger and skinny (which he was when announced) didn't sit right with pretty much anyone.

There were however a minority who defended his casting, based on his perfomance in Thursday and Stander.
I know, because I was in that minority. Boy do I regret the time spent on that, as it turned out the movie stunk and Jane was okay at best. But it did teach me valuable lesson about blind fanboy optimism.

junox

MR. ELIMINATOR

junox

violent yeah sorry  a quote from  Karl about  dredd movie

another good interview part 1 of 3 from  london panel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_kfxZXcXH0&feature=share

Diminished Responsibility

QuoteYes and no.

No, in the sense that pretty much no one remembered and brought up the previous Lundgren effort, and those that did, were under no illusion that the Lundgren movie was somehow a worthwhile Punisher movie.

Yes, in the sense that he was being compared directly to Frank Castle of the comics - and him being short, ginger and skinny (which he was when announced) didn't sit right with pretty much anyone.

There were however a minority who defended his casting, based on his perfomance in Thursday and Stander.
I know, because I was in that minority. Boy do I regret the time spent on that, as it turned out the movie stunk and Jane was okay at best. But it did teach me valuable lesson about blind fanboy optimism.

There was also a bit of beef on Thomas Janes comic website when War Zone was announced, a bit of vitriol against the re-casting caused a stir in the forums and some Ray Stevenson fans were a bit put out :)
"DANGER! DO NOT TOUCH THESE MONSTROUSLY HAZARDOUS CITRUS FRUITS, MAN!"

vzzbux

This thread is wrong. There are far too many links. There should only be seven.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

blackmocco

Lovely-jubbly. Look who's in the winners...
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

CraveNoir

blackmocco

"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

CYCLOPZ

Quote from: CraveNoir on 16 July, 2012, 10:45:05 PM

good detailed stuff.

That's one of the best reviews of the movie so far.

QuoteMany of the vehicles look to be from the 1980s, and being in a post-apocalyptic society it makes sense that much of society would revert back to the older less computer controlled vehicles, even the display on the Lawgiver resembles digital displays from the 80s, think of an old VCR display or those old 'speak-n-say' toys. It all works to help convey the sense despair and lawlessness that is perfect for Mega-City 1.

The 80'sness of the production might even be of great benefit to the film as a whole, from the vehicles to the John Carpenter style soundtrack.

I know as a kid in the 80's Judge Dredd and 2000ad was so engrained in my psyche and I'll bet a lot of other fans, that perhaps it will seem all the more believable for the film  to be set in that 80's vision of the future.

JOE SOAP

CraveNoir