Main Menu

Links to film reviews and reaction posts

Started by a chosen rider, 12 July, 2012, 11:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

I think Its Friday afternoon he normally tells all for the week, I occasionally listen to podcasts, but during the following week so the details are...hazy
DDT did a job on me

IAMTHESYSTEM

Mark's reviews on 5 live
Take your pick from Kermode & Mayo's A-Z

Hear Mark Kermode review the week's new films every Friday from 2pm on BBC Radio 5 live. Kermode & Mayo's Film Review is also available as a free podcast to download and keep.

Radio 5 live according to his Film blog.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

radiator

Listening live now - I'd forgotten how bloody self-indulgent Kermode is, dedicating so much of his show to very, very niche films and directors that only he is interested in.

Proudhuff

Quote from: radiator on 07 September, 2012, 02:48:16 PM
Listening live now - I'd forgotten how bloody self-indulgent Kermode is, dedicating so much of his show to very, very niche films and directors that only he is interested in.

yeah, the swine. He show only dedicate time to films and directors you like!!
DDT did a job on me

radiator

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant.  ::)

No, what I really mean is every bloody time I listen to the show, there seems to be half of it dedicated to an interview with Bill Forsythe or some totally obscure film festival - or in this case, both.

It's the BBC's flagship film radio show, but it seems very balanced towards the whims of Kermode.

Proudhuff

I know what you mean, hence I listen to the pod casts...with the fast forward/rev buttons  ;)

DDT did a job on me

radiator

Kermode: "The Raid has a depth of character Dredd doesn't have".

Um, what?

Michaelvk

Gagh.. There's that sodding the Raid comparison again..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

paddykafka

No press reviews for Dredd 3D here in the Emerald Isle, so far. Nothing on any of the radio movie reviews that I've heard. No mention in the Irish Times cultural review - The Ticket. Not even a "This film was released without a press screening" type of announcement. Doesn't bode well for box office prospects in Ireland if the movie aint being promoted here. What's going on, eh?

Beeks

Quote from: Michaelvk on 07 September, 2012, 03:13:35 PM
Gagh.. There's that sodding the Raid comparison again..

Disappointed...thought he would rise above that lil cliche
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

FoldsFive

To his credit he at least didn't accuse Dredd of ripping it off - just that he couldn't shake off that Comparison.  A relatively good review from the notoriously fickle Kermode, I thought.  Realistically 3 and a half out of 5 isn't that bad a score at all, especially for a non fan.

CraveNoir

radiator

Well, at least the two listener reviews (one of them Logan) gave a rather more positive assessment of the movie.

Anyway, who cares about Dredd? We're now back on location at the Shetland film festival - the current epicenter of the cinematic universe. Tremendously exciting stuff!

Michaelvk

Sent an email about Dredd's production starting sooner.. And the leaked script.. For what it's worth..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Michaelvk

Quote from: radiator on 07 September, 2012, 03:24:18 PM
Well, at least the two listener reviews (one of them Logan) gave a rather more positive assessment of the movie.

Anyway, who cares about Dredd? We're now back on location at the Shetland film festival - the current epicenter of the cinematic universe. Tremendously exciting stuff!

I dunno.. That zombie asockalypse actually sounds like fun..