Main Menu

Links to film reviews and reaction posts

Started by a chosen rider, 12 July, 2012, 11:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Stu101

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 12 September, 2012, 10:50:07 PM
One star review from Seven magazine (the Telegraph):

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/filmreviews/9539101/Dredd-3D-Seven-magazine-review.html

Who asked her to go see Dredd? She did however like 'Mirror Mirror' which I've read was terrible. Stupid bint...

Danbo

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

CYCLOPZ

Steve Green

radiator

I saw that comedian and author Charlie Higson was impressed with Dredd, and was posting about it on Twitter yesterday. Anyone else seen any celebrity fans?

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 13 September, 2012, 03:00:47 AM
AICN
Glowing review

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/58298

This made me laugh!

QuoteI love that we live in an era when  we can bring the full force of millions of CPU hours of computational power, Oscar-winning brainpower, and dozens of CG artists to get exactly the right kind of slow motion head explosion.

Best head explosion since Scanners!

FoldsFive

Quote from: radiator on 13 September, 2012, 10:26:49 AM
I saw that comedian and author Charlie Higson was impressed with Dredd, and was posting about it on Twitter yesterday. Anyone else seen any celebrity fans?

charlie higson ‏@monstroso
#Dredd well worth seeing if you like that kind of thing, true to the spirit of the original comic, but very violent. Some amazing slo-mo

radiator

radiator

Comedian Mitch Benn is a fan:

@MitchBenn: Paul Leonard Morgan's Dredd score is as good as Daft Punk's Tron Legacy score; unlike Tron Legacy it isn't the best thing about the film...

Spaceghost

Mark Millar (I don't follow him, it was a ReTweet), Rob Williams, Pat Mills, Henry Flint and Jock have all been praising it on Twitter.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

radiator

John Haward tweeted to Jock he thinks it is the best comic to film adaptation ever.

Danbo

I think it could be,I need to look at it as just a comic book film not a biased Dredd fan and I won't be able to do that for a while because I'm still giddy like a kid on Cola but I really think it could be.

The next Batman film should have the same tone,hard R/18.Go on Hollywood,grow some balls. A 50mil hardR Bats,that the kinda legacy Dredd should have.That and almost every other 2000ad story getting the big screen treatment,I'm sure some folk over there are going to be watching very closely and seeing what other gems can be snapped up from the Galaxy's Greatest comic.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

JOE SOAP

Characterwise, it's also the most faithful comic film.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 13 September, 2012, 01:19:01 PM
The next Batman film should have the same tone,hard R/18.Go on Hollywood,grow some balls. A 50mil hardR Bats,that the kinda legacy Dredd should have.

I think they should go the opposite way if they must do more Batman films. Make it creepier and more of a mystery style thriller. The gritty angle suits Dredd because it was always an aspect of the character in the comic but then again, what do I know, I'm not a Bat-fan. R-rated superhero films feel silly to me.