Main Menu

Marvel films thread.

Started by Goaty, 15 July, 2012, 11:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesC

GOTG looks ace - I have really high hopes for this.

I'm not sure how well the Falcon's going to work in the Cap film. He seems sort of hokey and unnecessary in a world where Iron Man exists.

Zarjazzer

I really like those concept art pieces. Lovely one of the Galaxy mob.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Professor Bear

GOTG looks silly.  A film about a roguish space captain, a farm boy, their furry companion, a token girlie, and maybe a robot or two in battle with an evil galactic empire will never be embraced by the general public.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Professor James T Bear on 03 April, 2013, 08:47:48 PM
GOTG looks silly.  A film about a roguish space captain, a farm boy, their furry companion, a token girlie, and maybe a robot or two in battle with an evil galactic empire will never be embraced by the general public.
You got your lol, now leave. :lol:

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Zarjazzer

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Dandontdare

Thor in London eh? -  interesting!

Goaty

The shootings on Captain America: Winter Soldier start today. And here the first image teaser from the sets;

Zarjazzer

Charlie boy

Marvel seems to be willing and able to out-cool DC on the film advertisement front without any difficulty...
http://marvel.com/news/story/20474/lego_delivers_new_iron_man_3_posters

bluemeanie

Saw Iron Man 3 on Wednesday. Fucking loved it. Its the sequel the first film deserved
Cant wait to go again next week and take the wife so we can get drunk and talk about how awesome Ben Kingsley was

Goaty

How? Iron Man 3 not out till next week, special screening was it?

And Ben Kingsley was really good in it??

WoD

Quote from: Goaty on 20 April, 2013, 12:02:00 AM
How? Iron Man 3 not out till next week, special screening was it?

Sky free movie ticket???  All gone by the time I tried to get one!

bluemeanie

My brother works for Cardiff City, managed to +1 in with him and my nephew. Think there were a load of simultanious "premiers" around the country. Managed to blag the same with Avengers last year, saw that over a week before the release date too. Was half hour of edited highlights from the London premiere then straight to the movie.

And yeah, wasnt totally sold on Kingsley from the trailer but.... yeah... awesome. Wont go into specifics and risk spoilers which I know I'd get lynched for.
Other stuff.... theres scenes with a kid that DIDN'T make me want to reach for a gun
Paltrow was told well in advance she'd be in a crop top for a scene in the movie and is fucking RIPPED
It is dark like the trailer suggests but still really funny
And there may be something RIGHT at the end of the titles (I couldnt hang around, nephew getting bored) but on the print I saw at least there wasnt any mid title stuff where it goes from the flashy credits to the standard crawl.

COMMANDO FORCES

Is there a sequence involving a line of cars (preferably yellow taxis) being blown up?