Main Menu

Anyone excited about the prospect of new Red Dwarf at all? Or is it just me?

Started by judgeblake, 18 July, 2012, 12:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

Quote from: strontium_dog_90 on 09 September, 2012, 06:54:48 PM
Can see poor old series seven getting a few less viewers than any of the other ones . . .

I have a real soft spot for Series VII, although I understand I'm in the minority there. I found VIII rather weak in places although I didn't dislike it. Interestingly, both had great viewing figures by the general public at the time, although I wonder how much that was due to the prospect of new Dwarf rather than quality.

NapalmKev

Quote from: Mardroid on 10 September, 2012, 12:30:06 AM
Quote from: strontium_dog_90 on 09 September, 2012, 06:54:48 PM
Can see poor old series seven getting a few less viewers than any of the other ones . . .

I have a real soft spot for Series VII, although I understand I'm in the minority there. I found VIII rather weak in places although I didn't dislike it. Interestingly, both had great viewing figures by the general public at the time, although I wonder how much that was due to the prospect of new Dwarf rather than quality.

The inclusion of Kochanski was a big mistake IMO, although I accept they needed to do something about Chris Barries departure.

Looking forward to new series but what the hell's going on with Krytens face? He looks more like the the version from series 2! (don't know if it's been mentioned before, I haven't read the whole thread-sorry)

Cheers  :)
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Keef Monkey

Oh Kochanski is the source of much debate in my house. Red Dwarf is a favorite of me and the missus, but she hates Chloe Annet's Kochanski for some reason and will only consider Grogan to be the character, whereas I see Chloe Annet as the definitive Kochanski for the basic reason that I really quite fancy her.

darnmarr

Dandontdare

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 14 September, 2012, 10:32:25 PM
Oh Kochanski is the source of much debate in my house. Red Dwarf is a favorite of me and the missus, but she hates Chloe Annet's Kochanski for some reason and will only consider Grogan to be the character, whereas I see Chloe Annet as the definitive Kochanski for the basic reason that I really quite fancy her.

I initially fell in lust with Chloe Annet before RD - there  was some BBC time travel thingy that she was in and she won me over totally in that, so I was delighted when i heard she was taking the role. I think my affection for the later series is largely down to her to be honest, in all other respects they were pretty crap compared to the first four or five.

The Enigmatic Dr X

When is this on? Is it tomorrow?

EDIT: By which I mean, is it broadcast for the first time on Saturday 22nd September 2012?
Lock up your spoons!

Greg M.

Mudcrab

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 14 September, 2012, 10:32:25 PM

I'm with your missus on that one. Still, your reasoning is sound as I definitely fancy Clare Grogan  ;)

Must remember to set the box, off to the big smoke on the 4th.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

The Monarch

I initially fell in lust with Chloe Annet before RD - there  was some BBC time travel thingy that she was in and she won me over totally in that, so I was delighted when i heard she was taking the role. I think my affection for the later series is largely down to her to be honest, in all other respects they were pretty crap compared to the first four or five.

The show was called The Crime Traveler and I hate myself for knowing that...

judgefloyd

Series X is good fun, but does anyone else get sick of the laughter?  I read that it is filmed in front of a live audience.  If so, it must be a very fannish live audience.  If the laughter is scripted, it must read like this:

Lister: I feel awful
[AUDIENCE LAUGHTER]
Rimmer: I don't feel very well either
[AUDIENCE LAUGHTER]
Cat enters the room and smiles a bit
[AUDIENCE LAUGHTER]
Cat: Hey guys, what's up
[AUDIENCE LAUGHTER]