Main Menu

I'm off to see this in -enter your preferred location-.. Who's with me?

Started by Michaelvk, 30 July, 2012, 01:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esoteric ed

It'll be odd seeing another Dredd movie at the same cinema as I saw the original, though somehow I think I'll be leaving the complex a little more fulfilled this time  ;)

Ed

Stu101

Bath Odeon, Friday at 9pm, it's showing 4 times daily but that's the best time for me after I finish work. My Bro (who used to hijack my progs after I'd finished with them) and his buddy are coming too. It looks like that showing has about 20 seats pre-booked.
I feel like a little kid with excitement....  :D

Stan

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 05 September, 2012, 03:14:18 PM
Quote from: Stan on 05 September, 2012, 03:08:16 PM
Quote from: dweezil2 on 05 September, 2012, 02:55:35 PM
OK Cineworld Ashford's Dredd times finally up!

I'll be catching it in 3D on Friday at 13.50 and Saturday and will be maxing my Unlimited card to the max!  :D

I find there's something slightly horrific about leaving a cinema in daylight so we went for a 19:00.

You'd have been so dazzled by the film you wouldn't have been dazzled by the sun when you stepped out anyway.  Seriously, for about 30 mins after the film everyone stood about in a daze! 

It was bizarre!  We were just milling about in the Soho Hotel afterwards going 'where are we?  what are we doing?  Am I hungry?  Do I need a drink?  What's everyone else doing?  Who are all these people?'

I often need a good half hour to let the film simmer in my mind. Even after Revenge of the Sith.  :-[ People must think I'm a miserable git when I basically ignore them.

Stan

Quote from: dweezil2 on 05 September, 2012, 03:27:11 PM
Quote from: Stan on 05 September, 2012, 03:08:16 PM
Quote from: dweezil2 on 05 September, 2012, 02:55:35 PM
OK Cineworld Ashford's Dredd times finally up!

I'll be catching it in 3D on Friday at 13.50 and Saturday and will be maxing my Unlimited card to the max!  :D

I find there's something slightly horrific about leaving a cinema in daylight so we went for a 19:00.

I probably still be there at 19.00!  :lol:

:thumbsup:

If I had the spare cash I'd dump my sister and go to the next showing.

Michaelvk

You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Stan

Alski

First show, 2.20, Weston-super-Mare, Friday.

Expect the review very soon afterwards!
"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

Fisticuffs

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 05 September, 2012, 03:14:18 PM
It was bizarre!  We were just milling about in the Soho Hotel afterwards going 'where are we?  what are we doing?  Am I hungry?  Do I need a drink?  What's everyone else doing?  Who are all these people?'

Alright for some, I just had time to shake Alex Garlands hand, make a hasty exit and sprint for my train.  :(

Mark Taylor

Cineworld Edinburgh, Friday 9:00PM showing. Myself, the wife and a bunch of friends who don't post on these boards going (yes I have dragged them along using bribery and blackmail! Didn't take much persuasion in some cases though).

Keef Monkey

This might be a sign that I'm obsessing over this movie too much, but I'm now stressing out about where in the cinema I should sit!

Generally I'd sit halfway back and off to the side (away from people if possible) but I generally only go to IMAX nowadays, which has conditioned me to want the screen looming over me, but I don't know if that's the best way to get the benefit of the 3D...aaaaaaargh!

Goaty

FUCK! Can't see it with my bro tomorrow as he doing real "Graveyard shift"

:(

Michaelvk

Quote from: Goaty on 06 September, 2012, 09:31:45 AM

Go without.. And go again when he can make it :)
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

I, Cosh

Well, although I normally like to wait a couple of weeks until the crowds die down, my cyclopean mate is coming through to Glasgow on Saturday and wants to see it so it looks like it'll be Cineworld's only 2D showing at 18:30.
We never really die.

Fisticuffs

Quote from: Goaty on 06 September, 2012, 09:31:45 AM

What Michealvk said, my family can't make friday night, but I'm going anyway! :D

Proudhuff

Plans to see it at 11am Friday at Cineworld in Edinburgh have gone aglay, might have to be the late late showing or early Saturday
DDT did a job on me