Main Menu

Deaf Awareness

Started by Goaty, 04 August, 2012, 09:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesC

We have people signing to Xmas Carols here at work as I type.
I hope they're legit or I'll have to kick them out!

Mabs

Quote from: Dandontdare on 11 December, 2013, 01:03:42 PM
yeah I heard that on the radio this morning - apparently he was just making up signs and gestures

That is absolutely disgraceful. An insult to all Deaf people.  >:(
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Steve Green

It's unbelievable that they did it in the first place and thought no-one would notice.

Goaty

Quote from: Mabs on 11 December, 2013, 03:34:48 PM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 11 December, 2013, 01:03:42 PM
yeah I heard that on the radio this morning - apparently he was just making up signs and gestures

That is absolutely disgraceful. An insult to all Deaf people.  >:(

So right! It's on national news and newspapers

paulcrilley

It's all over the news here in South Africa. Everyone trying to find out who he is and what the hell they were thinking.

I mean... seriously. How did he honestly think he would get away with it? It boggles the mind.

paulcrilley

You can't make stuff up. Guy caught out, now says he's schizophrenic and that he lost concentration, "started hearing voices" and hallucinating while signing at the memorial. Even though there is footage of him doing same thing at other events.

And what kind of security risk was this guy? If he could get within three feet of people like Obama and he's obviously a fake?

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Goaty on 11 December, 2013, 12:44:51 PM
And I am very annoying!

Don't be so harsh on yourself. Persistent? Tenacious? Indefatigable? Yes. But annoying? No.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Dunk!

It's a fuckin' disgrace what happened, but the excuses that the guy comes up with are a kind of surreal magic.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-25345627
"Trust we"

Jo-L

Quote from: paulcrilley on 12 December, 2013, 05:44:12 AM
I mean... seriously. How did he honestly think he would get away with it? It boggles the mind.

He DID get away with it... mission accomplished, he made a mockery of the president's speech.  It was incredibly disrespectful to do it at the memorial for a national hero, but man that dude has some balls to pull that off.

Goaty

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 12 December, 2013, 12:38:42 PM
Quote from: Goaty on 11 December, 2013, 12:44:51 PM
And I am very annoying!

Don't be so harsh on yourself. Persistent? Tenacious? Indefatigable? Yes. But annoying? No.

Yes as many Deaf South Africans there but don't understand the Cowboy Interpreter. Imagine if you there, but audio off, how you would understand the speeches? And it common of many cowboy interpreters in UK :(

Tiplodocus

Sorry Goaty - I was trying to make a joke about the fact you had typed ANNOYING rather than ANNOYED in your original post. 

Yes, it would be horrible and insulting to have a Cowboy Interpreter taking the piss in such a way, I didn't mean to imply otherwsie.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Goaty

Ahh! Annoyed! thanks! Sorry about my weak grammar! :)

Theblazeuk

He hallucinated and "saw angels coming in to the stadium".

Sometimes (well very often actually) I am happy for my nominally secular, rationalist upbringing and the wider society of mostly-scepticism that I belong to which supports my opinion that such excuses are frankly, bollocks.

CheechFU