Main Menu

Prog 1796: Normal to the Max

Started by vzzbux, 11 August, 2012, 11:01:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vzzbux

Only read dredd for now.
Nice conclusion. [spoiler]Dolman to rejoin the system maybe[/spoiler]? nice touch.
Mr Carroll. You really get Dredd.

We have letters Buttman.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

vzzbux

Forgot to add.
Thrills of the future.
[spoiler]ABC Warriors: Return to Earth.[/spoiler]

Quick quibble on the main arc of the Lenny Zero story.
Why would the Jay's pool all the monies collected from all over the city into one place then transport them en bulk. Why not just send them indiviually. Waste of recources if you ask me.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Cactus

For the fifth week running the prog is full of brilliance. Still loving every page of it. The highlight this week is surely the graffiti in Lenny Zero.  :lol: Will Droid Life retaliate?

I'm a tucker hot seat trucker and I'm voking cheerio, ten-ten!

The Enigmatic Dr X

I liked the Chopper graffiti. I have the mind of a 12 year old boy.
Lock up your spoons!

matty_ae

Lenny zero shows exactly how to do a story in Dredds world. Just enough context to make you feel it post DoC. I wish Anderson has the same continuity. Her stories just feel like random Annual tales.

Clint langleys abc work looks amazing here in the tease.

Steve Green

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 11 August, 2012, 01:15:52 PM
I liked the Chopper graffiti. I have the mind of a 12 year old boy.

What about the reflected graffiti?

bluemeanie

Yeah.... we'll get him back, the bastard!!   :lol:

subtle shoutout to the Megacast girls on the same page as well

James Stacey

Quote from: vzzbux on 11 August, 2012, 11:57:57 AM
Quick quibble on the main arc of the Lenny Zero story.
Why would the Jay's pool all the monies collected from all over the city into one place then transport them en bulk. Why not just send them indiviually. Waste of recources if you ask me.

V
Why would they have money at all. It's all but extinct already. It's just a conceit to build a story I guess.

Steve Green

Quote from: bluemeanie on 11 August, 2012, 03:21:03 PM
Yeah.... we'll get him back, the bastard!!   :lol:

subtle shoutout to the Megacast girls on the same page as well

Heh. Filth.

Just noticed another cameo in the poker game as well.

Colin YNWA

what a fun Prog. The only real changes we have is a slight shuffling of the order of my favourites. Though I find Lenny Zero a little cliche its still great fun and a nice distraction, with lots of nice nods of the head in the art (or maybe the script? Who knows). The Dredd ended well even if it could have used maybe just one more page as it all felt a little rushed, just the tiniest touch, still a fine Dredd and I salute the Carroll and Holden droids for a cracking post DoC story.

Red Seas ended up fantastic, wrapping things up cutely while setting up the finale well, spectacular stuff. Aquila was fine if a treading water a little with a lot of back story, cool enough back story but little more.

The highlight this week was without doubt Ichabod which was simply sensational on every level this week.

I wonder if we're due another 3riller next week, with a gap and three weeks to 1800, always nice to see these if so...

... excited to see what heading our way in 1800 (from the box this week and the Tharg CBR interview) but with the Prog on such fine form in no rush to get there.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 11 August, 2012, 06:03:38 PM
I wonder if we're due another 3riller next week, with a gap and three weeks to 1800, always nice to see these if so...

Ooh! Now you've got me excited. I've become really fond of those...
@jamesfeistdraws

Buttonman

Quote from: Steve Green on 11 August, 2012, 04:26:25 PM

Good spot of [spoiler]Citizen Snork[/spoiler]!

DoomBot

Bah humbug! No prog for me until Friday. Because I'm 190miles away from Home. Holidays can be right rubbish at times

CrazyFoxMachine

People are spotting so much in Zero that I've barely noticed! Must go back and look through -

Didn't really enjoy the heavy-handed design references to 300 in Aquila - shudder.

Dolman story was perfect. Carroll is the deputy king (THERE IS SUCH A POSITION) of Dredd at the moment. Really getting into the swing of Izrael as well. More of this sort of thing!

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Buttonman on 11 August, 2012, 06:26:28 PM
Quote from: Steve Green on 11 August, 2012, 04:26:25 PM

Good spot of [spoiler]Citizen Snork[/spoiler]!
YES! I knew I wasn't the only one. Lenny Zero is wandering into the fan service area with these cameo's, reference's, and returns. Loving it.