Main Menu

Dredd - Box Office

Started by MattJW, 02 September, 2012, 09:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

It also fell the least out of any film in the top 5 - 10% - and via less theatres. It's a steady earner, down to word of mouth, if not a runaways success but then again it is an R-rated Sci-Fi action film.

BPP

Quote from: Judge Jack on 28 September, 2012, 09:55:48 PM
Reports of Dredd's demise have been greatly exaggerated.

Demise was...... uncooperative.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Montynero

Holy mother of God this film is amazing. Fuck the US critics. A film this good is only gonna grow. If it's not a hit at the cinema it'll be a cult smash on Blu-ray. Sooner or later there will be a sequel, and I for one cannot wait.

Stan

After a week's word of mouth I wonder who will do better against Looper this weekend. I can't imagine House At The End Of The Street would gain much of a boost in this regard. Although I suppose the type of people who saw it first time round may have actually found it to be the scariest movie in history. I am intrigued anyway.

Not counting any other new releases I'm unaware off, I think it would go something like this..

Looper
End Of Watch
Dredd

Stan

Though people came out in droves for Nemo 3D so I probably shouldn't make stupid predictions.

JOE SOAP

Stan

Aaaaah, damn it all to f%@king hell. Animated films should be banned. They're ten a penny nowadays.

Something Fishy

Been to see Loopers , it was good but the Dredd trailer at the start made me want to see it again.  I'm going to drag one of my old buddies out with me mid week to see it whilst it's near me.

Something Fishy

Quote from: BPP on 28 September, 2012, 08:20:19 PM
Quote from: Something Fishy on 28 September, 2012, 04:13:54 PM
It's finally arrived in my local cinema,  2d only at this cinema in the new screen that just opened as the refurb progresses. 

Wife doesn't want to see it again so we are going to see Looper.  I'll probably wait for DVD now.

How can you have posted 2500 times to the forum and NOT see Dredd?

Yeah seen it already further away when the 2d print turned up there.

Wife wanted a new film tonight, so i'm going to need to sneak out another night.

Stan

I updated my Facebook thusly..

Americans, take heed. Is a vampire really the best role model for your children?

Take them to see DREDD this weekend. Teach them a healthy respect for THE LAW.

Thank you

Danbo

Quote from: Montynero on 28 September, 2012, 10:57:25 PM
Holy mother of God this film is amazing. Fuck the US critics. A film this good is only gonna grow. If it's not a hit at the cinema it'll be a cult smash on Blu-ray. Sooner or later there will be a sequel, and I for one cannot wait.
Needs a like button

+1
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Fisticuffs

Quote from: Something Fishy on 28 September, 2012, 11:26:37 PM
Been to see Loopers , it was good but the Dredd trailer at the start made me want to see it again.  I'm going to drag one of my old buddies out with me mid week to see it whilst it's near me.

Good that the trailer is running in front of such a big film though!

Danbo

Yeah,nice that the trailer is still running even though the films out,shows that they haven't given up.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Something Fishy

Good point that.  It can't hurt.  It's only just arrived in my local though so that might be why.

The old bint next to me annoyed me, she piped up "oh, we've seen the whole of that already then" after the trailer.  So i made a point of saying what a brilliant film it was to the wife loud enough to ensure she heard it..

Meathook

It makes my heart bleed to see such a great film take such small takings so far, but I have faith that as said earlier the film will grow and takings will improve. The DVD/Blu-Ray sales should be good as I'm sure it will sell well.

Here's me keeping the hope of a sequel alive, congrats to all for giving an ol' fart like me a chance to see Dredd on screen as he should be after all these years.
Each peach pear plum!