chuffsteruk

The top 6

1   N   House at the End of The Street   Rela.   $13,000,000
2   N   End of Watch   ORF   $13,000,000   -      
3   N   Trouble with the Curve   WB   $12,720,000      
4   2   Finding Nemo (3D)   BV   $9,446,000      
5   1   Resident Evil: Retribution   SGem   $6,700,000   
6   N   Dredd   LGF   $6,300,000   -   

Looking at this, the weekend was poor for all the films, so, all in all, I guess it held it's own.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: chuffsteruk on 23 September, 2012, 05:27:57 PM
Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 23 September, 2012, 05:25:39 PM
Quote from: Goaty on 23 September, 2012, 05:09:03 PM
Reading again, silly.

Just what the fuck are you talking about?

No need for that!Goaty was stating that you should read the previous comment again, as the sad fucker being referred to was Sc*jo.

Oh, apologies to Goaty. I'm still a little upset that he didn't apologise to me for calling me an "idiot" over the Ridley/Tony Scott debacle!!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

jamesedwards

Looking at those figures, it's unlikely to be seeing a sequel in anything other than straight to video or IDW comic terms.

painbros22

Um....is it's possible to put good spin on this ? Grabbing straws to find something. Best with no comment.

klute

Quote from: painbros22 on 23 September, 2012, 05:40:28 PM
Um....is it's possible to put good spin on this ? Grabbing straws to find something. Best with no comment.

It's still early days i'm suprised that people are giving up it's still got time to build traction and relly all the numbers suggest is a bad weekend for all the films involved
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

Danbo

Yeah it's crap for all of them,give another week or so,might pick up.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

painbros22

Quote from: klute on 23 September, 2012, 05:44:44 PM
Quote from: painbros22 on 23 September, 2012, 05:40:28 PM

It's still early days i'm suprised that people are giving up it's still got time to build traction and relly all the numbers suggest is a bad weekend for all the films involved

Yeah perhaps you are right, but a movie not screened for critics, made in 2010 and with horrible critical reception earns double. So i don't feel like i can comment on the US box office any more without being insulting to Americans. Guess the BO in USA is beyond me.

jamesedwards

It will eventually make it's money back and it's a legitimately excellent genre piece.  If you need more positive spin than that I cannot help you.

Cookyman

Box office has significantly increased from Friday so you never know the film might be getting some traction from word of mouth - lets see if things pick up during the week. 
Choc chip goodness.

jamesedwards

There's always the chance it might be a grower not a show-er but you should probably come to terms that its not going to be a huge money spinner.

klute

Quote from: Cookyman on 23 September, 2012, 05:51:40 PM
Box office has significantly increased from Friday so you never know the film might be getting some traction from word of mouth - lets see if things pick up during the week.

This
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

Goaty

Well it's likely will be up this week. Now is afternoon in US so the week not over.

Any whimpers, 10 years in the cubes with repeatable views of Batman And Robin, creeps!

Martin Jameson

Whatever happens we got a bloody good film out of all this - let's not all start scrapping. Nobody I know went to see Dredd, no matter how good I said it was. Not because of anything but they just don't bother with cinema anymore. They will probably all get around to seeing it but will wait for DVD. Don't most people do that now? I very rarely go to see anything, it's just to pricey and there's better things to spend money on for a good night out. I'm sure DVD and iTunes sales will be great and it's a shame so much rests on how many people see it at the cinema.

Steve Green

Quite.

This year, I've seen TDKR, Prometheus and Dredd at the cinema.

I didn't see John Carter, I didn't see Avengers, I didn't see Spiderman and I doubt I'll see the Hobbit.

Michaelvk

Quote from: Goaty on 23 September, 2012, 05:59:24 PM
Well it's likely will be up this week. Now is afternoon in US so the week not over.

Any whimpers, 10 years in the cubes with repeatable views of Batman And Robin, creeps!

Oi! Get back to being on holiday!
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..