Main Menu

Happy Dredd Day!

Started by chuffsteruk, 07 September, 2012, 12:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaolin_monkey

I just bumped into Judgefett on his way out of his showing - they messed up the 3D for the first few minutes apparently. Gutted!  He said there was a good turnout though - maybe 100 people? Not bad for a sunny/working day.

I'm sat in the auditorium now - just me and one other guy so far. It's too bloody dark in here to read this weeks 2000AD though.  Bah!

Michaelvk

You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Proudhuff

and its BUMPER megazine day tomorrow  :D
DDT did a job on me

rog

Quiet for the first 3D showing at Vue in Bristol but the film was great :D

Danbo

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Hawkmumbler

Going to see it tomorow. Excited is not and overstatement. Fucking-elaited is what i'm looking for.

chuffsteruk

:o

Could someone please go back to the Odeon in Colchester and retrieve my jaw from the floor please?

My rambling review is in the spoiler thread...and I somehow managed to describe the film's awesomeness without resorting to a huge number of expletives!!

I LOVE YOU ALL! :lol:

WhitBloke

Stevenage Cineworld only had about twenty people in it.  Twenty five at a push.  What can I tell you?  It's Stevenage, thrill-suckers abound...  But it did mean I got the seat I hoped for, so there's that. 

If I can't find some way to bleed off all this excess of Thrillpower, I'm going to suffer a meltdown when I drag the 'male members' of the Bloke clan back down on Sunday.  WhitDad and WhitBrother are in for a treat.

By Grud, that was superb!
So this is der place then, Johnny?

chuffsteruk

I got chatting to a bloke who was buying tickets to a later showing.Said he was disappointed by the look of the uniform and the fact that most of the film was set inside one block. I explained the reasons for both and shuffled away, almost bumping into what can only be described as Judge Death in a summer dress on my way(it was, in fact, an old lady, but by Grud, did she fit the part well!)

Buttonman

7.35pm for me tonight and I have a genuine nervous growl in my stomoch. I'm so glad I waited for the official release, not like all those freeloaders who went last week. I anticipate Robo-Cop, Kingpin, The Omega Man, Starship Troopers and Rushmore will have a new bedfellow come 10pm.

auxlen

i'm on the road most of the day so now colleagues to bug. but its 17:40 and i'm waiting for my mrs to get home so i can be at the odeon 19:10. getting edgy.

Danbo

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 07 September, 2012, 02:24:15 PM
I just bumped into Judgefett on his way out of his showing - they messed up the 3D for the first few minutes apparently. Gutted!  He said there was a good turnout though - maybe 100 people? Not bad for a sunny/working day.

I'm sat in the auditorium now - just me and one other guy so far. It's too bloody dark in here to read this weeks 2000AD though.  Bah!
They did the same at my showing,cue about 5 folk,myself included storm out to see WTF was going on,they restarted it,something to do with lenses?
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

SquashedFly

Went to a 15:30 at the local Cineworld. It got an okay crowd considering, 20 people or so.

Today was the most excited I've been for a film in a long time but I went in underwhelmed by the trailer.

30 seconds into the film and any of that doubting nonsense was fucking blown away. I came out wanting to go right back in and watch it again. Bloody ace film. Everyone involved should be damn proud of themselves.

Mudcrab

One I was was at seemed fairly busy (7pm showing). No one at all in the more expensive seats at the front, but then again, it is Aberdeen  :D
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

CYCLOPZ

If yesterday was Dreddmass eve and Today was Dreddmass, what does that make tomorrow?

Drokks in Day?