Main Menu

New T shirts/Dredd Case Files in HMV

Started by Spaceghost, 07 September, 2012, 02:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceghost

Don't know if this has been pointed out anywhere else, apologies if it has.

HMV have got two new Dredd T shirts in store. One is a big, grey Dredd badge, the other is a massive, full colour Cliff Robinson Dredd pic which says 'I AM THE LAW!' at the top. The Cliff design doesn't have a pic on the website at the moment but here's the link -

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/simpleMultiSearch.do?searchUID=&pGroupID=clothing+and+accessories&adultFlag=false&simpleSearchString=dredd&primaryID=clothing+and+accessories&btnSubmitSearch.x=57&btnSubmitSearch.y=19

They also have a lot of the early Case Files and the Origins trade for £10 each.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Robo-K33F

From Plastic Head - more tees, caps and hoodies coming from them real soon...

Third Estate Ned

Thanks for the heads up. Case Files 4 duly ordered.

dweezil2

Nice T's! Have to pick some of those up!  ;)
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Link Prime

Cheers Lee, shoulda suspected good ol HMV would cash in on Dredd too.
Love pickin up dirt cheap graphic novels from them.
I got the updated 'Killing Joke' hardback for a tenner when TDKR was out in cinemas a few months back.

judda fett

Got the cliff i am the law one yesterday-nice it is too. look forward to a hoody!

Daveycandlish

Good call - got me a copy of Case Files 4 for tenner yesterday  :)
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

James Stacey

Horray for staff discount. Just a bummer  I have them all already.

Mark Taylor

Yeah the Cliff Robinson one is also available on Amazon. I saw it a couple of weeks ago and snapped it up. I think it's the best new Dredd shirt I've seen in ages. Wore it to go see the movie. As there's no pic on HMV you can see it on Amazon here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Official-Shirt-JUDGE-DREDD-Superhero/dp/B0091SN06I/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1347221429&sr=8-9

Mardroid

I popped along to HMV near Leicester square yesterday (waiting for a certain film to start ;) ) and picked up Dredd Case files 2. So finally, I'm reading The Cursed Earth!  I'll admit to finding the dialogue style in these earlier stories a bit off-putting compared to the greater realism of later stuff, but I like the humour.

I was about to say that I prefer Dredd's character in the modern strips, but then it occurred to me that he does differ a bit depending on the writer even in these strips. This early Dredd is certainly more verbal and tetchy, at least outwardly. I get the impression later Dredd is more suppressed and simmers on the inside. Something Urban gets down to a tee in the film.

Albion

At last, after a few years without one I finally have a Dredd t-shirt again. I got one of the grey badge shirts in HMV Chichester before seeing the film again. I think I was the only person there wearing a Dredd Shirt,
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

SmallBlueThing

HMV in hastings has no tshirts, no casefiles, no soundtrack CDs (is it out?), no posters, and no copies of the stallone version, upon the back of which to flog.

The cinema has no poster outside, so you'd neveknow it was on unless you looked at the listing- and no posters inside, no standees, no nothing.

SBT

SuperSurfer

While hanging around outside Empire Leicester Square I nipped into HMV – pleasantly surprised to see they had a small Dredd display with the Cliff Robinson T-shirt, Origins and Case Files 1 to 4. With the other music T-shirts they had the grey Dredd badge design which I snapped up. It's my favourite 2000AD T-shirt for a long time.

I hate buying T-shirts in packets in shops where I can't try them on. As we've had a lot of gatherings in the last months I wanted to have a 2000AD T. First bought the Steve Dillon Dredd one in medium. Felt tiny but when I went to exchange it they were out of stock so I bought a Zombo one which is like a tent. Incorrectly thinking that was better than the tiny medium I then went and bought a Jock Dredd one – again a tent.

So this time I have gone for the badge in medium. Looks like its more time in the gym for me then.

James Stacey

HMV Cardiff has a similar display but have sold out of CF1

Stella Dave

Case Files 2,3 & 4 bought £27! nice, cheers!!