Main Menu

Old newbie

Started by jannerboyuk, 17 September, 2012, 07:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jannerboyuk

Hey
Long term 2000ad reader beinng dragged back into it despite my golden age snobbishness! ;)

Dandontdare

yes, Tharg is rather like the Mafia. Just when you think you're out, they drag you back in. Welcome.

COMMANDO FORCES

Welcome to the board jannerboyuk  :wave:

If your name isn't on the list you can't come in, so
Tharg is just checking ;)

jannerboyuk

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 17 September, 2012, 07:53:46 PM
Welcome to the board jannerboyuk  :wave:

If your name isn't on the list you can't come in, so
Tharg is just checking ;)
Fair enough. I can submit a DNA sample if required ;)

jannerboyuk

the usual daft question - how long before i can post in the review section?

jannerboyuk

And all i wanted to say was i really liked prog 1804, the cover and the simping detective especially, and that grey skies reads like a prequel to warhammer 40,000. Its the shoulder pads on the soldiers ;)

SmallBlueThing

'Grey Skies' should be the sequel series, in a 'Night/ Below/ Beyond Zero' manner. It should be 'Grey Area'/ 'Grey Skies' (about the wider galactic situation) and finally 'Grey Beards', about all the hunky ETC soldiers' girlfriends.

SBT

Spikes

How do, jannerboyuk, and welcome.

Quote from: jannerboyuk on 17 September, 2012, 07:22:53 PM
my golden age snobbishness! ;)

Thats ok, as its as good now as its always been. Enjoy!

Bat King

Yeah, I think we are in the 2nd Golden Age of 2000AD & Megazine.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

TordelBack

Welcome, jannerboy.  Your Golden Age affections will soon be tested by the glories of this, the comic's Platinum Age.

jannerboyuk

Im liking what I see but the art was always 70% of what i loved about 2000ad and imo we are nowhere near golden age standards in that regard

Colin YNWA

Art is always so subjective, but for me the art at the moment is as good as its ever been (across the board) and we are indeed welcoming you to a new Golden Age.

Have fun whatever age you find ya-self in

DW2012

When was the 'golden age'?

Spikes

Again, its subjective, but most people would say the 1st golden age was from the beginning of the 80's to the mid point of that decade.

DW2012

Quote from: Judge Jack on 15 October, 2012, 08:46:35 PM
Again, its subjective, but most people would say the 1st golden age was from the beginning of the 80's to the mid point of that decade.

So that would be about progs 150 to 500 or so?  In Dredd term that would be stuff like Judge Death/Judge Child/Apocalypse War etc.  I'd agree that there is some good stories there (not from reading them at the time but from reading them in the complete judge dredd monthly years ago and in the case files more recently) but don't know what other stories were there at the time.

On an unrelated note I through some of the printing in the early black and white case files was pretty bad.  I specifically recall that some of the Apocalypse war pages were a lot worse in the case files than in the complete judge dredd.